My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Forever Friends Chocolate Caramel Christmas

I wanted to make a Christmas card with a difference and the 'CES Chocolate Caramel Challenge' really inspired me. I used a square white card blank and inked around the edges using a Tim Holtz Tea stain ink pad, and then spread the colour a little lighter than straight from the pad further inside the edges by using a baby wipe dipped into the pad and applied using a circular motion.
I then stained a circle cut with nesties in the same way, and used a Forever friends decoupage kit to make the topper.
I covered the card blank with a Victoria and Albert Museum paper from docrafts, leaving a little border of stained card showing underneath. I then attached the topper to the paper, stuck a greeting on some brown corregated card cut with a scalloped nestie and embellished with gold papermania gems. I then bordered each side of the topper image with different ribbon with complimented the colours, and attached the greeting on top.
As I say I would like to enter it into the CES Chocolate Caramel Challenge, thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, love the FF bear and fab layout.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous I love the Forever Friends bear he is my fav!! Great DP & LO
    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges this week! Good luck, hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely, honey- gorgeous yummy colours!! :)
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card :D so cute and lovely. You really are very talented and your cards look so professional :).

    Andytrio xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Im calsie from Housebound Forums!

    Your cards are lovely you should be proud of your talents :) Silverslayer told us about you, he has posted about your cards on our forum :)
    Your welcome to come and chat on the forum we have lots of ME users :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is a fabulous card I love the pyramage FF bear & the LO & colours are gorgeous.
    Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges & certainly hope you will join us again.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the forever friends and this is sooo cute! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge this week! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...