My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Great news and Skating Christmas

Before I start this post I want to share some good news with you all-I got to top five for my 'Flower Fairies Pastels' challenge entry on Crafty Cardmakers blog-my first ever successful blog challenge entry! :-) As you can see on the right hand side of my blog I have a lovely banner to show to you all :-)

And now onto my latest card. I really loved the great new sketch at Cupcake Craft Blog so I used it for one of my Christmas cards.
I used the Dovecraft 'fancy' Christmas papers, a Tilda and Edwin stamped image coloured with promarkers and sakura pens, some borders cut with a Nellie Snellen die, and fabric snowflake embellishments. Also some  circle snow peel offs and pink polka dot ribbon to finish.
I started by covering the card in pink snowflake paper, then I chose a stronger pink colour paper from the same paper pack which complimented this. I cut these borders then attached them to the die cut borders.
I put polka dot ribbon in the middle of the card running all the way from the top to the bottom.
I then used this same ribbon to finish the look of the two border pieces once I had mounted them onto the card.
I placed the topper into the centre between the two borders, then went about embellishing the card with the snowflakes and snow peel offs.
I would like to enter this into:
Cupcake Craft Challenge Blog Challenge 116:Sketch

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine, what a pretty card. I love the image and your papers are gorgeous. I'm glad you enjoyed using my sketch! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...