My Lovely Followers

Monday, 31 January 2011

Saving Nature


This project was inspired by the great theme at Allsorts this week-'Saving Nature'-using all the scrap bits and random things not even meant for card making that would probably end up in the bin-what a waste! I cant bear throwing away such pretty papers which was handy for this challenge! I also used buttons that aren't intended for card making but I came across and fell in love with!
I used mostly scraps of My minds eye papers, and organised them in strips, then added further borders on the far right hand side to frame the gorjuss girl image :-) I stamped her in memento and coloured her in promarkers. I inked the edge of the nesties shape shes sitting on with a Tim Holtz ink pad then started with the embellishments. For this card I used star mother of pearl buttons along the bottom border, a 3d butterfly by papermania at the top right hand corner, with pearl embellishments to show its fluttering journey and lastly a flower I made out of my paper petals. I echoed the colour of her dress in the largest petal, then added a red and orange petal and a gold gem to echo the colours in the paper. I love these bold colours, I think they really suit the gorjuss girl image!
I would like to enter this into:
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Saving Nature
CES Challenge 21: Bold and Bright
Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them :-)

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card elaine.i love this image and stunning autumnal colours.great recycling too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card lovely image...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. super gorgeous card thanks for joining us at CES challenges.
    Hugs kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...