My Lovely Followers

Monday, 31 January 2011

Valentines Tilda



I wanted to make some Girly Valentines cards and I just love the 'Rose Garden' papers by Papermania! I wanted to frame the beautiful rose pattern on this paper so it wasn't lost under images and embellishments, as that would be a real shame.
I used a Tilda stamped in memento, and coloured in promarkers and stickles for her bow, I placed her sitting on an embossed frame which I covered in shimmer chalks so it sparkles lots in the light. I then added a pretty butterfly fluttering by, with stickles as its dotted path :-) Lastly I hand wrote 'on Valentines day' on a die cut 'for you' greeting surrounded with roses. I also added a paper rose and used stickles on this to make it really pop :-)
I would like to enter this into:
Simon says Stamp and show: Love
Ann's Creative Nook: Anything goes-Valentines
Paper Sundaes: Valentines
Charisma Cardz challenges: Valentines
Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them :-)

8 comments:

  1. I love those papers!! Gorgeous work with the embossing and coloring too! Isn't Tilda sweet? :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! the different textures make it really interesting and the papers are so pretty :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine this is just adorable!! Love how Tilda seems to be sitting on a window ledge with your square. Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the butterfly and the papers too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Valentine/Love challenge at Charisma this week. Good Luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and spring-like- lovely!! :) And I think you did right to let the gorgeous paper speak for itself with just a few well chosen embellishments, too!! :) :)
    hugs, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card, love all the texture! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE....love how Tilda is sitting in the frame..

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...