My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Vintage Tilda


Good morning everyone, hope you are well. Unfortunately I have been pretty poorly with Chickenpox-don't believe that saying that you only catch it once because this is my second dose of it and its not nice! Nevermind, I'll recover soon and get back to blogging properly :-)
I went to a museum a while ago and was inspired by a section which showed home made cards the Victorians made to send each other at certain occasions. What a lovely idea and I am so glad that this hobby has carried on until now because I don't know what I would do without my crafting! Most samples I saw while I was there used a lot of lace and so it's interesting to see styles come back in fashion-over a hundred years of style! :-)
For this project I used Papermania 'Rose Garden' papers, Tim Holtz ink pad, Paper Roses, Paper petals, wire, buttons, a Tilda image stamped in memento, and coloured in promarkers, a doily, lace and a die cut shape which I handwrote a greeting onto.
I started by cutting the 6x6 papers down, and inking the edges of these papers to distress them. I then added cream lace as a border between the two patterned papers, inked the edges of my paper doily and attached it to the card. Tilda sat well on the centre of the doily with her feet dangling down :-) I then made the large pink flower with three flower petals and a button which I secured with green wire. I then added the two yellow roses to echo the yellow in the paper along the top of my card. Then I hand wrote 'On Valentines day' with a fine liner pen onto the die cut rose shape and threaded a pink rose into a hole at the top instead of a brad. Lastly I covered sections of the roses and flowers with stickles glitter glue-I'm afraid it didn't show up too well in the photo but you can see the added texture in the close ups :-)

I hope you like my card, and I really appreciate each and every comment that is made :-)

I would like to enter this into:
Paper Sundaes Challenge 53: Distressing
Just Magnolia Challenge 90: A Sketch by Donalda
Crafty Sentiment Designs: Vintage Challenge
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge: A Distressing Challenge
Craft your passion Challenge 42: Use two patterned papers
Ann's Creative Nook GCA 121: Not your usual Valentines image
A Spoon full of sugar Challenge 136: Valentine

7 comments:

  1. beautiful card.the tilda is gorgeous and i love the pretty colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your cards are fab!!!
    PS also love the way your central bit is see through - got to figure out how to do that myself lol...
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for your message but I dont seem to have a message from you???

    Thanks
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet! Love the colors and flowers you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the sweetness of the Tilda image. Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what it's like to get them twice hope you are feeling ok!

    Love he card the image is just lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...