My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Card Kit Swap Part One!

I have been planning a card kit swap with the lovely Paula at Paula Holifield Crafts Blog and she received her kit from me earlier this week so I wanted to show the finished results! 
Basically each of us were to make a card, and to send the same items to the other to see how differently we made cards with the same stash. We weren't allowed to look at the card before we created our own so we weren't influenced by the other's before we started crafting with the kit! 


Pictured above is the kit I sent to Paula, which consisted of:
6x6 Card blank and envelope,
Approx 6x6 piece black patterened paper with hearts on
Approx 6x6 piece of lilac textured card
Dog image stamped onto white card
Small square of acetate
lilac textured card fancy frame
Small lilac textured fancy square
Thin white glittered paper strip
6 small pink adhesive stones
2 small white textured card punched hearts
Several irridescent stars and a butterfly
1 3D butterfly sticker
Small "On your special day" crystal sticker


Here is Paula's lovely creation with my kit! She made a shaker card too-I knew that would happen but I love shaker cards, they are a lot of fun! Its really interesting how we interpreted the same bits of kit and how differently they came out. The cards are similar but weve both chosen different layouts, and used different techniques-like Paula inking the edges of hers :-)
I'd like to post what Paula said about her card so you can see how she went about getting this look :-)
Paula:
'I decided to make a shaker card as soon as I saw the frame and the piece of acetate although I've never made one before but I've seen how they are made. I did have to pick it open as all my stars were stuck in a corner till I fixed it Lol! I cut my paper and mounted it onto my lilac card after I had edged all my edges with brushed corduroy distress ink. I stuck the thin strip of glitter paper across the middle and then stuck the thin strip of lilac card I had left about an inch under that. I coloured my image with promarkers and made up my shaker box with foam pads taking care not to leave any sticky edges free for the stars to get stuck on. I attached the shaker box to the front of my card and stuck the 3D butterfly to the corner. I stuck the small lilac square to the lower right corner and stuck the crystal sentiment sticker in the middle. I attached the two hearts to the upper right corner and attached 2 pink diamantes to the centres. I finished off by adding 4 diamantes to the corners of the small square and added the last one to the head of the butterfly. I also added a little crystal stickles glitterglue to the wings of the butterfly.'

And lastly here is the card I made! I coloured the teddy with my promarkers. I then used my favourite new Nestabilities shape as the frame for the shaker card, and used the acetate and foam squares to create the shaker box under the frame. Next I stuck an irridescent butterfly on the outside of the frame to echo the stars inside the shaker box, and a punched heart on the opposite corner. 
Next I stuck my glitter strip alone the bottom of the card, placed the sentiment on the little Nestibilities shape and placed it like a belt buckle on the corner of the card. Lastly I placed my 3D Butterfly fluttering in the top corner and used pink gems to show its route across my card. 
I hope you've enjoyed part one of our card kit swap and I will be back with part two when my kit arrives! 


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C74 Hearts
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Challenge 26 Hearts
CES Challenges: Challenge 23 Cute and Cuddly
Crafty Cardmakers: Challenge 39 Hearts
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge: Challenge 8 Valentines/Romance

Thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate them :-)
Elaine-xxx-

4 comments:

  1. So cute and perfect for Valentines! Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet card.. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very cute cards. Love the idea of both having the same materials and seeing what you both come up with. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hunni this is SUPER cute!! and very cuddly!! Thanks for playing with us at CES xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...