My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Card Kit Swap Part Two!

Here is part two of my card kit swap with the lovely Paula from Paula Holifield Crafts Blog. 
The idea was to make a card, then send the same items to each other and see how differently we interpreted the same stash. We also sent the card we made with the kit, but sealed and were only allowed to open it after we had made a card from the kit. 
In the kit I received (Sorry I totally forgot to take a photo!) was:
Two approx A6 Pieces of purple card,
Two approx A6 light purple and white backing papers,
A Sentiment,
Four of the same images,
Some card candy, 
A strip of purple ribbon,
Approx 6x6 scalloped white card blank and envelope
An extra piece of white card.
I started by running three of the teddy images through my Cuttlebug with one of my labels nestibilities set to make a block decoupaged image, and used double sided foam tape to decoupage them. 
Next I coloured the chocolate and the icing on the cakes with my clear Sakura stardust gelly roll pen to make them glittery and shine in the light. 
I put my decoupaged image onto some dark purple card to edge it, and did the same with the sentiment, which I also embellished with a piece of card candy to look like a tag. Next I mounted purple card and the backing paper onto the scalloped card blank to echo the focal point. 
I played around with the elements until I found a layout that I was really happy with, then lastly I tied the ribbon into a bow and added two card candy pieces to each corner to finish. I hope you like my efforts!


Here is the card the lovely Paula created with the same kit, she went for an easel card and I really love it! I think this goes to show what a difference people can come to using the same stash and I have really enjoyed doing a card kit swap and would jump at the chance to do it again! 


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations: Challenge 99 Plain and Simple
Creative Card Crew: Friendship
CES Challenge: Challenge 23 Cute and Cuddly


Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them :-)

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in this week with our Plain & Simple theme over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday’s Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute card and thanks for joining Creative Inspirations this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya
    aww fabulous card,cute image, lovely papers & design,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaw, he's a cutie! Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! What a cute card. Your image is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...