My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Distressed Valentines Tilda




For this project I used some My Minds Eye papers, Coredination Black Magic Card stock, punched hearts, Promarkers, flowers, brads, buttons, and a Tilda image stamped in Memento and coloured with Aquamarkers.
I started by putting the black magic coredinations through my cuttlebug with a scalloped circles nestie die, then put through again with a cuttlebug paisley embossing folder. Next I tore a strip of the same kind of card to show the beautiful colour core underneath. I also put this through the cuttlebug with the same embossing folder and you can see its even embossed the lovely torn pink part of the card :-)
Coredinations are one of my favourite things to play with because they are so different and you can get so many amazing finishes with them :-)
Next I mounted the lovely paper on a white square card blank, and inked the bottom edge using the edge of a dusky rose promarker. I also coloured one of the petals with this promarker, and inked the little hearts I punched out of textured card, to echo the pattern on the papers. I placed Tilda on the sanded scalloped circle,and used 3d tape to attach to the card. Next I added the torn border which I also sanded. Then I added two heart buttons, one black and one pearlised white and the large flower which I secured with a large brad from a Papermania capsule collection kit. Lastly I stamped a gold heart onto pink paper, and cut around it leaving a little border.This I added in the top right hand corner, then added the punched hearts falling down from it towards the flower.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Valentines/Love
Craft Your Days Away Challenges: 12-Love
Crafty Sentiments Designs: My favourite things
Delightful Sketches: Have a Heart
Wild Orchid Challenge: Challenge 16 Love is...
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Some Love
Paper Sundaes: Valentines
Totally Tilda Challenge Blog: Challenge 15-Tilda with lots of hearts
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Challenge 4 Valentines/Love

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them :-)
Have a good day!
Elaine-xxx-

11 comments:

  1. the pink and black look great! thats one of my favourite combinations :-) the embossing looks really good 2.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Valentine/Love challenge at Charisma this week. Good Luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful valentines card and the black magic cs looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, honey that's gorgeous!! :) All the little details are fab and I LOVE what you've done with the Coredinations- gorgeous colour!! :)
    hugs, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing along with our Love challenge this time over at Craft Your Days Away!

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Valentine card! Great colors and papers!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for entering the DT call at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - good luck!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Elaine, so sweet and I love all the little hearts.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our Tilda with lots of hearts challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...