My Lovely Followers

Monday, 28 February 2011

Tilda in Spring Showers

Today I wanted to get right out of my comfort zone and this lovely new Tilda stamp was a perfect opportunity! I saw her and thought that glossy accents would be perfect for her lovely wellies-I remember shiny wellies when I was little and the joy of jumping into puddles!
For this project I used:
Yellow Coredinations card, My Minds Eye Polka dot paper, 'Born to shop' Buttons, string, ribbon, Martha Stewart Corner punch, Glossy accents and Crackle accents, Magnolia stamped in Memento ink and coloured with promarkers, a Magnolia 'Happiness be yours' greeting, paper rose, glitter strips and gold dew drops.
I started by colouring the Tilda I had stamped in Memento, to get the green colour I mixed pastel blue and a pastel yellow promarker to make a lovely muted green :-) I only coloured the edge of the puddle with pastel blue rather than the whole shape because I thought it looked like a real puddle that way!
When I had finished colouring I covered Tilda's Wellies in Glossy accents and left to dry.
I started the card by making a base of yellow coredinations, with punched butterfly corners attached to a white square card blank.
Next I made a panel of patterned paper and fixed it along the centre of the card. I then placed Tilda onto a yellow coredinations frame, then into the space between the corner punched background. To finish Tilda I added gold dew drops, a ribbon and a paper rose around her. Next I stamped the greeting and cut around it, stuck a dew drop gem in the corner and applied Crackle Accents to it. I left this to dry. I then tied string in the button holes of the 'Born to shop' buttons and used double sided foam to attach to the card. I added Glitter strips to accent the side where I wanted the sentiment to go. When dry I attached the stamped sentiment which is crackled-it doesn't come out well in the photo but you can see it slightly :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Ann's Creative Nook-Bring on Colors
Cupcake Inspirations-Photo inspiration
Magnolia Stamp Lovers-Buttons and Bling
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 44-Anything Goes!
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 83 Spring is in the air!
Wild Orchid Challenge 18-Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge-56 Here comes Spring!

Thank you for all your comments, I love hearing from you and really appreciate them :-)

Elaine-xxx-

9 comments:

  1. very cute card and perfect for the Cupcake Inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card elaine.the tilda is fab and i love her glossy boots and your colours are stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy springy colors!I’m so glad you could play along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhhhh I want a pair of those yellow shiny wellies Elaine...stunning card and what a great colour combo for this Tilda
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Elaine, I love the colours :)

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this- and love that it makes me think of sunshine even though she's playing in puddles!!lol Love the glossy wellies, too!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Tilda card and love the corner punch!
    Thank you for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting! Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, I like the butterfly corners, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...