My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Tilda's 3D garden





This week I kept thinking I wanted to make a 3D card, and here is my effort. For this project I used Coredinations ordinary card, and blue gemstones card, Glitter paper, My Minds Eye paper, Heat embossed Lilac stamped greeting and Silver wheelbarrow coloured with promarkers, Gold ink, my first Tilda stamped in Memento and coloured in promarkers, and Sunflower trellis flowers. I know its easy to forget your old stamps, but I love this Tilda, especially as shes holding a butterfly!
I started by covering the blank in MME paper, then started working on a way to create my 3d frame to represent the sky and the grass in Tilda's garden. I used strong card and cut it into strips, then folded it in half. Next I cut the pieces for the sky (using gemstones blue to show the sparkly sky) and grass and constructed my frame using double sided tape. I then placed the coloured, embossed wheelbarrow in the background to show her work in the garden, and placed Tilda sitting on the edge of the grass and the pretty sunflowers in the foreground. Lastly I placed a sparkly blue butterfly to one corner, and a 'Thinking of you' heat embossed greeting which was made with Lilac embossing powder and I highlighted this with gold ink from an ink pad to echo the gold in the sunflower field, then added a sunflower slightly above it in the corner :-)
I hope you like it!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Totally Tilda Challenge Blog 'Tilda How does your garden grow?'
Tip Top Tuesday 'Bling it on'
Oldie but a Goodie: Spring is in the air
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Break Tradition!
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Week 7 Spring has Sprung! 
One Stitch at a Time: Anything but Square
Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them :-)

14 comments:

  1. Well done its gorgeous, very clever 3d card, good luck with all your challenges. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab cards and Blog Elaine :-) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for playing in our Break Tradition challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card


    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge this time and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Tilda fanatic so this is right up my street, I love your daisies they really make your card POP Thanks for joining in at Oldie But Goodie this week
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card the butterfly adds a perfect touch Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this, especially the sunflowers :-) having it in 3d makes it really interesting.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creation!
    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

    Maggie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card.fab tilda and i really love the gorgeous garden scene you have created :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elaine, what a beautiful card. Love the 3D effect & a pretty Tilda. Thanx for visiting my blog & leaving a lovely comment on my new card. You have a great looking blog, well done for all the challenges you've won.
    Sally at Crafty Sams x
    (samz on Dc)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Elaine, so sweet, I love the little flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card Elaine, such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...