My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Aqua and Lilac Dance




For this project I used: Lili of the Valley Ballerina stamped in Memento and coloured with Promarkers, Some old Papermania Capsule Collection papers, Papermania glitter papers, Ribbon, Paper flowers, Fabric flowers, Gems, X-Cut butterfly punch, purple pen, coredinations gemstones cardstock, purple pearlised cardstock, white super smooth cardstock and beads on gold wire. And my Slice and my Cuttlebug with nestibilities to create the shapes.
I began by colouring my favourite Lilli of the Valley stamp with duck egg and a pale purple promarker (sorry cant remember which one!) I blended the colours because I love how they compliment one another.
I started the card layout by cutting three circles with my Cuttlebug and nestibilities-one Large circle out of aqua glitter paper, one large scalloped circle out of lilac Coredinations and another large scalloped circle out of dark purple pearlescent card, which I then layered to look like a flower. I then looked through my paper stash and found the Aqua and Purple Capsule collection range suited it so well so chose the same paper from each stack to start with.
I cut it to fit my card blank, and then used faux stitching I made with a purple pen around the edges. Next I attached the circles and my image with it and placed the butterfly dancing along with the ballerina with his path highlighted with Aqua Capsule collection gems. I stamped a greeting and used the same faux stitching around the edges and placed a lilac ribbon on the top.
Next I added the gems on wire, also the lilac and blue paper roses in the top corner of the scalloped circles.
Lastly I added the satin and pearls flower in the bottom left hand corner.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Challenge: Circles
Cupcake Craft Challenges: 131 Anything but a Square
Pollycraft Monday Challenge: Three Circles
Tip Top Tuesday: Favourites
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything goes
Passion for Promarkers: Week 89 Theme

Thank you for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Super pretty card! Love all the girly detail!! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week, hope to see you next week. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...such a cute LOTV image and lovely colour scheme....thabks for joining us this week at Pollycraft.

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Elaine! I love the image and your colour combo is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elaine, what a gorgeously girly card! I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine! I love the cute image and your card is really girly and sweet!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card elaine.i love the fab lotv image and beautiful colours and sparkle.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty hon!! :)
    hugs, Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elaine, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and the colour scheme is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, I love the image and how you cut her out, Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
    Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at PfP
    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation and such lovely colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little design, lovely work! Thank You for playing at Passion for Promarkers, hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...