My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 6 March 2011

Black and White Butterflies


I'd like to start this post by thanking all my lovely new followers- I really appreciate you following me and I love getting comments from you :-) 
For this project I used Papermania Capsule Collection Monochrome paper and gems, a white doily and my gorgeous vintage butterfly stamp set, stamped in Memento. 
I started by stamping the main image with a large butterfly stamp, then with the two little butterflies stamp onto a die cut circle and inked around the edges with the black ink pad. 
Next I attached this onto the doily and placed it onto the patterned paper. I next stamped directly onto the white card blank multiple times with the same two little butterflies stamp to match the image I chose as my focal point. I then stamped the 'Les Papillons' onto white card and mounted onto black card which I attached to the card with 3d foam pads.
Lastly I added black and white gems.
My Caterpillars
Here is a photo of my caterpillars two days into raising them-they are becoming more active now and starting to grow 'hairs' on their body too :-) Please come back and see them as they grow up-I am going to try and take a photo a day and put them on my posts :-)

I would like to enter this into:
Crafty Purple Frog Challenges: Fly away with us
Papercrafting Journey: Things with Wings
Flutter by Wednesday: 144 Anything with Butterfly, Angel or Fairy
Craft Your Days Away Challenges: 15 Black and White

Thank you for looking :-)

6 comments:

  1. I love your card it's very pretty, the doily is lovely
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Elaine.

    Thanks for joining us for our black and white challenge over at CYDA.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card elaine.i love the butterflies and doily :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo interesting caterpillars!

    Your card is gorgeous! Love the layout!

    Thanks for joining craft your days away this time!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card!! Love the black & white together.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PCJ.
    ~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the black & white :)

    thank you for playing along with us at paper crafting journey's things with wings challenge!

    xo
    sarabeth-dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...