My Lovely Followers

Monday, 28 March 2011

Mother's Day




I wanted to make a really pretty card for my mum for mothers day and I was struck with inspiration to make this-I hope she likes it!
For this project I have used Papermania textured cardstock, green ink pad, Butterfly stamping collection, white card stock, three cream card blanks, Doilies, Martha Stewart around the page butterfly set, Paper petal, Papermania Capsule collection papers, gems and brads, and Gold embossed card.
I started by attaching two card blanks together in the middle panel, then taking the third card blank and cutting it by a couple of inches each way.
Next I decorated each panel with the papers and cardstock for borders, then started stamping for each panel. I also decorated the front of the little card that I attached to the middle panel, and stamped little butterflies on the inside of the card. I used the green ink pad because I liked the pale look-it shows up better in real life than on the photos!
I then decorated the panel that you see as you first open the card on the reverse of the bottom panel, then lastly the front of the card.
I tried to make each panel look unique and pretty enough in its own right if it was a standalone card :-)
I would love to know what you think!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Ooh La La Creations: Mothers Day
There She Goes: No Markers
Shabby Tea Room: Photo Inspiration
Creative Inspirations: Mothers Day
Dream Valley Challenges: Mothers Day
Gingerloft Challenge:Die cuts or Punches
Lets Ink it Up: Die cuts, Punches with stamps
Allsorts Challenge Blog: For a special lady
Craft Your Days Away: Mum
Easy Craft Projects: for Mum
Flutter By Wednesday: Anything goes

Thank you for looking! :-)

25 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love all those butterflies! Thank you for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs....
    Melissa
    TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hon- this is fabulous!! I'm sure your mum will love it!! :)
    The layout is a great idea and I just love the colour-scheme, it's all so, so elegant!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifuly done card, I love all those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your Mom will love this... It is beautiful..thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beauty, this is precious, I love it.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. omyword is this gorgeous! you handle martha around the edge way better than i do. i still can't figure it out!

    i did my round card using the MOTHER'S DAY BOUQUET cartridge and the scalloped flower.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Elaine and that butterfly border on the front is just gorgeous. Love the sepia tone colours too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU die cuts/punches challenge and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell a lot of time went into this! I love the black butterflies around the front of the card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is fantastic elaine.i love the card shape design and stunning butterflies and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Elaine I'm sure your mum will love it, thank you for visiting with such a nice comment & yes I'm sure we will be good blogging buddies. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elaine! What a beautiful card! Love the butterflyes! But i´m really not to fond of them when they get to close.... In paper? They are just amazing! Mush to take in this first challenge. ´
    Hugs Christel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love how it all folds in on itself. I am especially fond of the that lovely black butterfly border! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card Elaine! Love all the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a beautiful card, the stamp is perfect with the buttefly frame! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elaine this is beautiful and I am sure your Mum will love it and all the work you have put into it.

    Thanks for joining in with our Mother's Day challenge at Dream Valley

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure your mum will love it and appreciate all the hard work gone in2 it :-) i like how it folds out to reveal different designs and its all so pretty and delicate!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so beautiful. love the butterfly border. i also want to thank you for visiting my blog, leaving comforting words about my dad. it meens so much to me.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful. Love all of the butterflies. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful unusual shaped card, I love the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Mother's Day/ for a Special Lady challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card, Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card - love the PATP butterflies.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card, i love it

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous card and the die cuts!
    Thanks so much for joining us Gingerloft Challenges:)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. absolute stunner!!!!
    kathleen mc xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...