My Lovely Followers

Friday, 25 March 2011

My Beautiful Butterflies have hatched!



Finally all the love and care has resulted in five healthy Painted Lady butterflies fluttering around their habitat :-) I adore raising butterflies and I am always staggered by how beautiful they are and you learn so much about them by raising them too :-)

This is my first card with the lovely Lotv stamp my friend John bought me as a late Christmas pressie-are'nt I a lucky girl! :-)
For this project I used Lotv image stamped with Memento, coloured with promarkers and a sakura stardust pen on the wings, shimmering dot gems, my Martha stewart punch, lace, velvet ribbon, pink pearlised patterned papers, dovecraft pastel pink cardstock, card candy, a flower and a leaf.
I started by colouring her in my pink promarkers and adding sparkle but colouring the wings with clear stardust pen. Next I matted and layered the image and the pearlised cardstock, and I placed these on a cream card blank.
Next I added the card candy in the top right hand corner, and shimmering dot gems onto the pom pom parts of the image to make her look more 3d. I then added the ribbon and lace as a border along the bottom, and finished this with a beautiful flower and leaf from my stash.
Lastly I punched out little butterflies from complimenting pearlised card with my Martha Stewart border punch and then cut them so they were stand alone butterflies and arranged them around the stamped image :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room Bingo:Punch, Flowers and gems
Lili of the Valley: Punch it!
Delightful Challenges: Pastels and Ribbon 
Crafts and Me Challenges: Anything Goes
Stamp Something: Spring
Wild Orchid Challenge: Punch it out 
YNS Challenges: Make it Sparkle

Thank you for looking!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely butterflies and pretty card!

    Paula. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterflies!! I just love your card. Your coloring and design with all the pink is so beautiful and soft!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!! I love your butterflys!! And your card is so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation at The shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how fabulous are those butterflies - its great you have shared these pics - I have never seen anything like it.

    Love your LOTV card too! Gorgeous and so, so pretty.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are beautiful, thanks for sharing. I think it is amazing something so wonderful can emerge from a cocoon. Love the card too....so cute. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my is this ever cute! Love the soft pink and that image is precious. Thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the Butterflies and your card is gorgeous :O) Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, love the LOTV images, not got any yet! next on my list I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card - love the soft colours. I love LOTV.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again - should have said - your butterflies are amazing.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card elaine.i love the fab lotv image and gorgeous pretty papers and colours :D
    your butterflies are beautiful.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! Cute image and beautiful papers. Thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card hunni and gorgeous butterflies!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous!! :) That's another image on my wishlist and I love the soft pinks, lace and flowers- all so pretty!! :) Fab use of that b'fly punch too!!lol
    And wow again to the butterfly pics!! Gotta do that next year!! :)
    hugs, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWW this is sooooo SWEET Elaine, what a darling image and love the soft colors! thanks so much for joining us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. neat! never heard of doing that but imagine really beautiful to see!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card--super precious image! I love your use of pastels and ribbon! Thank you for joining Delightful Challenges this week!
    The butterflies are beautiful! I love going to a renaissance faire near us and walking through the butterfly habitat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...