My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 20 March 2011

OSAAT Guest Design Team 'For the Boys' Project


I was lucky enough to get the chance to be a Guest Design Team Member over at One Stitch at a Time for their challenge this week 'For the Boys'. I was kindly given a choice of a digi stamp over at Stitchy Bear Stamps shop and I chose Stitchy's 'Dino' digi which I love!
For this project I used the 'Dino' digi, My Minds Eye green polka dot paper, square card blank, promarkers, glossy accents and black gems.
I started by printing the digi stamp out and colouring him with promarkers-then I covered him completely in Glossy accents to make him appear more three dimensional. After he had dried I got the idea that he should break through the front of the card as he looks like hes got a lot of attitude! :-) Next I mounted My Minds eye polka dot paper onto a square card blank and cut jagged edges out of the front of my card blank. I then placed Dino onto acetate so he stands alone when the card opened and stood up. I then used freehand sketching of cracks from the jagged edges I had cut with a promarker fineliner. I used an offcut from where I cut for dino to stand to make a greeting that I matched to the jagged edge style and coloured the edges, and wrote 'Have a Smashing Birthday' and placed onto the card with 3d foam squares. I mounted green glitter card onto the inside of my card and to finish added black gems onto the top left hand corner and to either side of my greeting.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Blog-a-doodle: Two 'G' elements  (Mine being green and glossy accents)
Crafty Purple Frog: Going green
Creative Card Crew: Show us some green
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: All things green
Ooh la la Creations Challenges: Its a Man Thing

Thank you for looking and a note to my followers, I truly appreciate every one of you and the support you give me means a lot-thank you so so much :-)
Elaine-xxx-

18 comments:

  1. this is brilliant,love how you have glossed him and made him erupt from the card,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fab - I love it!!!

    Paula. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I really love the glossy Dino, it makes the card extra special. Congrats on the GDT spot. You fit right in!
    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card LOve it :O) Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo i love this! jon's little brother loves dinosaurs and it's his birthday soon so might copy this :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fab card well done on the GDT for OSAAT and thanks for joining in at CCC this wk hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a fabulous card so creative
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow stunning card
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
    heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fantastic idea Elaine, it really looks like he has birst through the card...brilliant
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elaine,

    Awesome DT card, you did a fantastic job! Bunches of Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute! Love the "cracks" in the paper! Such creative thought!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic card elaine.love the dinosaur :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card looks even better in this pic hon- can really see what a fab effect the glossy accents gives and love the cracks... great concept all round!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Elaine, your card is fabulous and well done on your GDT spot with us at OSAAT .. I will be looking forward to getting to know you :) Am your new follower. Hugs Dora xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card love the image.
    Thank you for joining us girlies at CPF Challenges, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...