My Lovely Followers

Friday, 4 March 2011

The Perfect Digi for my username!




I've found a Digi stamp thats perfect for my username-Sparklingblackrose so I really enjoyed colouring this to show this off! :-)

For this project I used a digi stamp from Crafts and Me coloured with promarkers and a sakura black stardust pen, Papers and embellishments from Papermania's Jade scrapbooking kit, sparkly strips, ribbon and glitter card, My Minds Eye Polka dot black paper, Purple Coredinations card, Happy Birthday peel off, and lastly a paper rose by Prima.
I was inspired to create this project by the 'Gothic' theme over at Creative Card Crew-have never made a Goth style card before so I really enjoyed the challenge!
I coloured the beautiful digi first, and decided to mount her onto Purple coredinations card to compliment her hair colour (a slightly lighter purple than the card) and then onto black glitter card to glam her up.
I thought an easel card would really suit the project.
I coloured her eyes with duck egg and denim blue promarker mixed together so the Jade papers and embellishments really bring this little detail out. I put the Jade patterned paper next to the digi, but chose to make the base of the card a little less busy with pattern by using a My Minds eye black polka dot paper and enhancing this with a purple glitter strip, black sparkly ribbon and a Jade embellishment with a silver peel off added to tie the card together.
Lastly I added the leaf embellishment from the Jade set and a Prima rose.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew: Gothic Challenge
Paper Playtime Challenge 40: Digis anything goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Birthdays...
Crafty Ann's Challenges: 35 Birthday
Craft your Passion Challenges: 47 Girly Girl 
Delicious Doodle Challenges: 15 Make the Card you want
Stamp Something: March Digi Day!

Thank you for looking :-)

21 comments:

  1. A lovely card Elaine, thank you for showing my digi image.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card
    thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous card and a superb blog too.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine, Thank you for playing along with our Gothic Challenge at Creative Card Crew your card is fabulous and I love the colour combo you've used.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely cards on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super card, that image is very beautiful and I can see why she caught your eye.

    I love your colour combinations too, very subtle.

    Thank You for playing along this week over at Delicious Doodles, good luck!

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenge with this gorgeous card!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, you've made the gothic look very glamorous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and elegant card.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card love your blog Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Elaine, love the black!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, beautiful card & I had no idea that Crafts and Me did digi images, just had a look and thank god they only have a few at the moment, they are stunning (any more and I'd be bankrupt!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning card elaine.i love the beautiful image and fab striking colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lovely and the colours pop...
    Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog hope you join us next week!!Hugs ..Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I love it!
    Love the colours on your blog too!
    Have popped over from DC, and have now become a follower :D
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty image and coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card hun!
    Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo I do love Hanna's stunning stamps!! This is fabulous thanks for sharing at crafty sentiments hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful, Elaine - a stunning image and I love your finishing touches.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool card! I love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...