My Lovely Followers

Friday, 4 March 2011

Spring has sprung and part one of raising my butterflies! :-)




For this project I used a Gorjuss girl image stamped in Memento and coloured with promarkers, Yellow Coredinations card cut with my slice, and white card cut with a Nestibilities label through a Cuttlebug, Papers and embellishments (button and gems) from the Papermania Verde 'Capsule collection range', Wooden filigree butterfly, paper roses, paper petals, a pearl and finally a yellow and a green polka dot ribbon.
I wanted a spring feel as I am so fed up of winter! I thought the Verde collection paper and embellishments suited this well, and used yellow to brighten it up.

I took delivery of my Caterpillars yesterday so I thought I would try and take photos and share with you their life cycle-I will try and take a photo every day-they grow really quickly! I apologise for the photo quality but they live in a little pot with acetate circles so difficult to take good photos-and I dont want to compromise their environment by undoing their habitat too early. They are so cute-they will grow up to be Painted lady butterflies-I raised five of them last year as well and it was so interesting and fun too!



Thank you for looking and I hope you like my little caterpillars too! :-)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 48: Going for the Green
Delightful Sketches Challenges: Welcoming Spring!
The Pixie Cottage Challenge: Spring! 
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 154-Signs of Spring!
If the Shoe fits Scrap it: 69 Be Inspired Photo Inspiration
Stampin' for the Weekend: Challenge 5: Springtime! 
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge 19: Green Theme

Thank you for looking :-)

12 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping Spring is here to stay. :-) Your card is adorable with ribbons and butterfly leaving a sparkle trail. Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our green challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, love the colour and that pretty image and butterfly. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just gorouges beautiful colrs and adore the detail on this too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and sweet, love the embellies, especially the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week over at "The Shoe'!
    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely project! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW spring challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and so exciting for you to be raising butterflies, would love to try it! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorguss card, very pretty, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week. WendyR xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Spring card and great use of the sketch!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. really like the spring colours and the gingham :-) and how cute are the caterpillars!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. soft greens and yellows create a truly elegant spring card! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...