My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 30 April 2011

My Butterflies have hatched and LOTV Green project!

Here are my gorgeous new Painted Lady Butterflies which hatched this morning, they are drying their wings in this picture. There are still three Chrysalides almost ready to hatch-I cant wait to see them all! You can see one in the corner of this photo. I will post more photos as they hatch :-)
I love Recycling and Green challenges-it motivates me to get out my folder of scrap design papers and make use of the little scraps I cant bear to throw away!
I started by stamping the LOTV Dandelion Clock stamp in Memento and colouring in Promarkers and sakura glitter pen to accent. I then got out my scrap papers and placed them on a Kraft card blank, making little stripes and leaving a little gap between each one. I then added the stamped image, placing her feet on design papers the same colour I had coloured the floor she was walking on in the image.
I had cut some gorgeous butterflies and hearts with SCAL that I had in a little bag ready for crafting and I began by placing the butterflies-including layering one larger butterfly and added little gems to the body of each butterfly to finish. I then added the hearts along the bottom border, and a stamped 'With love x' greeting on a tag. I then added a gem to the tag, and covered the hearts in glossy accents which give a lovely dimensional feel.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Everybody Art Challenge: Fairy
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique: Things with Wings
Creative Craft Challenges: Recycled
Ai Factory Challenges: Anything Goes
Easy Craft Projects: Love inspired
Crafts 4 Eternity: Anything Goes
If the Shoe Fits Scrap It!: Things with Wings
Stamp Something: Things with Wings

Thank you for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Wow- great shot of your butterflies, hon!! :)
    Lovely card, too- all those colours look so gorgeous on Kraft and the b'lies look fab... and well done for using your scraps, I never get round to it!!lol
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Stamping Boutique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card and i love the real butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet image - love the soft coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful little card. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Elaine, the butterflies are lovely as is your card :)
    Love Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft colours of your fab card and thanks for sharing with us all at Creative craft challenges though I never actually thought of using scraps as recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet and pretty, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card!
    I'm amazed how you managed to take care of cocoon's and hatched butterfly's!
    Just beautiful!
    Thanks for shearing!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card! thanks for joining us this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! love how you laid out the papers! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...