My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 10 April 2011

OSAAT 'New Baby'

It is my first week as official DT at One Stitch at a Time! I feel very honoured to be asked to join their team after being their Guest designer a few weeks ago-they are a great team!
The theme this week is 'New Baby' and I was given the image 'Take me home' by Barbara Jensen at Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.
I would love for some of you to join in this week-we always have great prizes :-)
For this project I used Design papers from my stash, Promarkers, Nesties, Baby self adhesive Ribbon, Buttons, Gems, and a 'cute' sticker.
I started to colour the digi first, and I coloured him with my promarkers and created noticeable stripes by colouring over the line a few times to suggest shaggy dog hair and I am really pleased with the result. I then mounted this onto some pretty striped paper. Next I covered the card blank with powder blue paper and then chose where to place the image. I then added a row of square blue gems on one side, then ribbon on the opposite side. Next I placed three buttons which complimented the colour scheme and lastly added a nestie cut shape of powder blue patterned paper to which I handwrote the sentiment 'Congratulations on your new arrival' and a little sticker saying 'Cute'.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
CRAFT Challenge 97: Animals/Pets
CES Challenges: Monochromatic
Lexis Creations: Monochromatic

19 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous image, Elaine! I love how you've coloured it, and the papers are lovely. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute puppy and fab card too good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Elaine, Officially Welcome Aboard :)..I am so happy you joined us at OSAAT - if you ever need anything, just ask Marjo hahahaha...no just kidding, you can ask me anything you want haha...your talent is just amazing :) love this puppy...

    stitchy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real cute card, love the colour!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES this week, good luck!
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card I really love the dog.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card, love the cute puppy. Carolk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Good luck with your new DT post too! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our monochrome challenge and at CRAFT for our pets challenge, good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elaine,

    I love this card! You have brought sweet life to those cute little puppy eyes..I want to take him home with me...lol

    Bunches of hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team Elaine. I have only been here for a few weeks myself so still getting used to things but everyone is really nice and helpful.

    Love the dog image you chose for this card and the textured effect you gave to the dog. I tend to use a blender pen and create lots of dots over my colour but the way you did it is great for a long haired effect.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ever sweet, look at those eyes and really lovely soft color
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card elaine.the image is so cute and great colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely honey!! :) Gorgeous puppy and I love the colour!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet. I love the use of the puppy!
    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card !!! Welcome to the team Elaine :O)

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet card. Welcome to the team
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there Elaine from me who shares the same name ha ha.

    Beautiful cute little card and I absolutely love the footprint ribbon. Well done.
    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card darling!!
    Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...