My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 9 April 2011

OSCC Monochrome 'An Elephant Never Forgets'

Its challenge time again at One Stop Card Craft and our theme this week was 'Monochrome'. I chose an adorable digi from the collection at Robyn's Fetish-isnt he really cute? :-) I would love to see some of you enter our challenge this week-we have a great prize :-)
For this project I also used Papermania capsule collection Monochrome papers, Promarkers, black glitter card, butterfly punch, black card, ribbon, buttons, vinyl sticker, brads and a white petal.
I started by colouring my digi in grey promarkers, and mounting him onto a panel of patterned paper, backed with black card. I then covered the card blank in a panel of patterned paper backed with black card to echo the focal point, but with a tiny border of white showing through. Next I embellished the card with black and white embellishments, ribbon, flowers, brads, buttons, butterfly and a vinyl sticker.
They are not colours I usually play with but I was really happy with the result :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge:Anything Goes
Paper Playtime: Digi Monday
CRAFT Challenge:97 Animals
CES Challenge: Monochrome
PaperPlay Challenges:Critters Galore

Thank you for looking!

18 comments:

  1. O MY This is so cute, I love that darling elephant yes he is adorable :) Have a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, the elephant made me smile, he looks so happy,Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with C.R.A.F.T. x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cheeky little elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image Elaine, really sweet. (Kathy via Redrotties blog hop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card love the black and white...Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, he's definitely very cute!!lol This card is gorgeous, honey- you know I love monochrome anyway, but it so suits the ele image and you've got a fab layout for the image shape!! Love all the embellies, too!! :)
    hugs, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irresistable image! :)

    I love this in monochrome - its so elegant and stylish. Great DP too.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw gorgeous card elaine.the image is so sweet and fab mono colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Elaine, beautifully made xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive never ever tried a monochrome card but you have inspred me to do so.... now all i have to do is go buy some hehehe xxxxx hugs redrottie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card........... I like black and white, it can be so effective. The elephant is just sooooo sute too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww what a cute little elephant! the different patterns and textures r lovely in monochrome, especially like the glittery butterfly :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card,soo cute.sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tonal colouring. Just love this.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elaine, fab card hun, lovely colouring and image, thanks for joining us at paper play for our critters challenge, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...