My Lovely Followers

Sunday, 1 May 2011

OSAAT Emboss it!

Its Sunday so time for another challenge over at One Stitch at a Time, and this week we are asking you to use embossing. I chose Sylvie's Best friends from the Stitchy Bear digi store-arent they just adorable?!
For this project I used: Sylvie's Best friends image coloured in Promarkers, Coredinations pink and whitewash pink cardstock, Paisley and Swiss dots embossing folder and nesties put through my Cuttlebug, Card candy, Buttons, Distressed butterfly, 'a Special wish' greeting, and a heart dressmaking pin.
I started by embossing the cardstock and as debossed the whitewash coredinations panel, and as the sanding didnt work very well I found a new technique-I distressed it by passing really double sided tape over the panel until it removed the whitewash finish from the cardstock on the debossed design. I placed the panel of whitewash coredinations card in the bottom right hand corner, leaving a little border apart from a space for embellishments in the top right hand corner.
I then sanded the embossed coredinations card and placed it in the opposite position to the debossed cardstock. I then put the digi image through my Cuttlebug with the large scalloped circle nestie and placed them in the centre of my card. Next I added a swiss dots embossed whitewash cardstock in the bottom left hand corner, with the greeting. Lastly I added a heart dressmaking pin in the top panel on the right hand side, added buttons, card candy and a distressed butterfly.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me: Vintage/Distressed
Scrapbook Sisters:Distressed
4 Crafty Chicks:Distressing
Delightful Sketches: Distressing
Mami Doodles:Lets get girly
Craft Your Days Away: Music/Dance
Mark's Finest Papers: Use a pin
Sugar Creek Hollow: Embossing

Thank you for looking!

27 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, love the colour.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet, Love the image. and you embossing is super. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the Coredinations effect - and the image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, how elegant this card is and beautifully done :)...

    stitchy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card ! I do love the colours that you chose to use.
    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the soft colours and the wonderful embossing folder you used. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card!
    I looove those soft colours!
    Great details!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elaine,

    I love this card, it is so soothing and sweet! Great color combo and design.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Elaine, really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following my blog, your cards are lovely :). The paper I used was from the Prima Reflections stack, it's really nice thick paper and you get two sheets of each design, 48 in total. I have a couple of other Prima ones, they're all gorgeous!

    Nichola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is stunning!! Totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is absolutely stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card and a lovely image! I agree your butterflies are very pretty but I am scared silly of them...I hate fluttery things as I am a numpty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to love hard, but I see your pin! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute image and sweet card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty girly card and love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty ballet girls and great card!
    Thanks for joining CYDA this fortnight!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this image, so adorable, and i love pink. lol
    And your butterflies are GORGEOUS!!!!
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is gorgeous Elaine, what an elegant card and fabulous embossing. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet card; reminds me of my two girls! THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant card! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty card...thanks for entering at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully soft and swett! Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. very cute and charming! love the buttons!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet card. Thanks for joining in this fortnights CYDA challenge. Hugs Shelley x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...