My Lovely Followers

Monday, 23 May 2011

Special 40th Birthday





My mum asked me to make a special 40th birthday card for her workmate and  this is what I came up with.
For this project I used: Coredinations cardstock, Buttons, Gems and Kirsty Wiseman design papers.
I cut shapes with my Cricut (Butterflies, Flower flourish panel, Butterfly border, 40, and flourish) in two different shades of purple Coredinations cardstock.
I started by mounting the flowery panel onto the pretty paper and then onto lighter purple cardstock, then mounted this panel onto the darker colour. I then folded the card into an easel design and placed this panel at the top of the card. I then reflected the top panel in the bottom by mounting the design papers onto dark card, light card then the dark card, then mounted on the bottom of the easel. I then placed the lighter card butterfly border across the panel, and three buttons to anchor the card when it is up.
Then I took the little butterflies I cut with my Cricut and arranged them on the top panel, and added gems. Next I placed the '40' in the design and the flourish in the bottom corner.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Thank you for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, this is gorgeous, love the butterflies and lilac colours.. pity about the photo not very clear. You should try taking photos outside. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trouble was mum had to take it to work this morning so had to take photos indoor at night-not ideal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a lovely card you have made! Love the colors and the folding looks fab! Have a great day! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful Elaine which carts did you use? love the colour which is strange for me as it's a bit outside my comfort zone, the butterflies are lovely too. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card - love the colour choice.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    {{Debs}}xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing you lovely card with us at Allsorts this week, but the photo inspiration theme does need to be used to be in with a chance of winning.

    You are very welcome to join in with another piece of work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...