My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 18 June 2011

Yo Ho Ho, A Pirates Life for Me!


I was inspired by the Music challenge at LOTV this week-I instantly thought of my lovely new Pirate boy stamp from them and wanted to play. Pirates are special in our town, we have a lot of Pirate themed dress up days so I thought it would be a good theme for my dad's fathers day card.
I coloured the image which I stamped in Memento with Promarkers. I started with a white card base, then layered up with Kraft card. I then used My Minds Eye papers to make like a patchwork quilt look, three panels of three different patterned papers. Next I cut a border out of MME papers, and tore blue cardstock to mount it on.
Next I mounted my image on a panel of patterned paper, then mounted onto blue cardstock which I tore along the bottom. I mounted this onto Kraft cardstock to really show the effect. I then hand wrote the song lyrics on a small square of patterned paper and mounted this onto Kraft cardstock and attached with 3D foam pads. Lastly I added two metal stars, three buttons and a strip of glitter ribbon.
I'd love to know your feedback :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley: Bring on the Music
Papertake Weekly: Dads and Lads
Freshly Brewed Designs: Song
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Fathers Day
If the Shoe Fits Scrap It!: Masculine
Glitter Geeks: Fathers Day
2 Sisters: For a Guy
Little Claires Designs: Cards for Men
Paper Creators Crafts: For the Men

Thank you for looking!

24 comments:

  1. Very sweet card, all boy! Thanks for playing along in the LOTV challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenges. You deserve to win with such a great card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Elaine,great image,I have this one,must ink it up it's gorgeous.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and a great image....:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. The pirate theme is fab!

    Thanks for playing with Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card for man or boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, love the image you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgous card love the image sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, thank you for joining us over at Paper Creator's Crafts
    http://papercreatorscrafts.blogspot.com/

    Good luck, Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~A really lovely card. Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at Paper Creator Crafts this week! Hugs, Karen. (Head DT.)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card and thankyou for joining in the Paper Creator Challenge

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card, I'm rubbish at making mens ones but this is really good x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elaine,
    This card is fantastic! I love the colours and the lay out and of course the LOTV image is brill!
    Thank you for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!
    ~Josie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. brilliant card elaine.i love the fun image and great design and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, great image with lovley colours and papers used. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Elaine love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just loooove this little pirate.
    thanks for joining our first challenge at paper creator

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card, great man's card. Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at Paper Creator Crafts this week!
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card, thank you for taking the time to join us at Papercreator crafts 1st challenge.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your song choice! I once spent an entire day riding in Disney lands "Pirates of Penzance" with my friend singing it. Drove our kids nuts! LOL LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Fresh Brewed Designs "With a song in your Heart" Challenge :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my but that is one sweet card!! Perfect for our "song" challenge over at Freshly Brewed. Thanks so much for joining us!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am LOVING pirates at the mo! This is such a cute little image! Great card! Thanks for joining in with the Glitter Geeks challenge! Hope to see you again next week! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card! Your image is fantastic and I love all of the design elements you added to your card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...