My Lovely Followers

Friday, 15 July 2011

Distressed Butterfly and Tim Holtz Gift Box





Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are well :-) I found some awesome unfinished wooden boxes in a cheap store the other day. I decided to have a play with the butterfly stamps and Tim Holtz stamps I hadnt had a chance to use yet to make a distressed gift box.
I began by covering the box in a thin base coat of pearlescent blue acrylic paint. I left this to dry. Next I covered the box in Crackle Glaze and let it dry. I then painted a thin layer of 'Sand' acrylic paint as my top coat. I then left this to dry and crackle.
Lastly I used my Tim Holtz and Butterfly stamps and randomly stamped over it using Stazon black ink. I tried to get the effect of distressing by unevenly applying the ink on the stamps too.
I hope you like it!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Stamp Man Challenge: Anything by Tim Holtz
Stampin' for the Weekend: Wings and Things
C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Butterflies
Sir Stampalot Challenge: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and or your comments, I really appreciate them-they make my day! :-)

20 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Elaine!

    Paula. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it so much..it is so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Elaine, Love, Love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic box elaine.the stamps are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful box! Great distressing. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!! the distressing is really effective and lovely stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box turned out beautifully Elaine and you selected the perfect base colours to achieve a really aged feel to it.

    Thank you for sharing another lovely piece of artwork with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous decoration and distressing !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab project, I've often seen boxes like this and wasn't sure how to decorate them. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic,love the stamps.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous box! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. These turned out really well, great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us in the Stamp man fortnightly challenge. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, fabulous project! Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card

    thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely project.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...