My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 2 July 2011

OSCC Tag-You're it!

Good morning everyone-I hope its as sunny and lovely where you are as here! Its Saturday so new challenge day at One Stop Craft Challenge and our new theme is 'Tag, Youre it!' so we want you to create a tag or include a tag on your project. This is my first play with distress inks, and my lovely new Sepia accents and I have fallen in love! I found some great gift bags, 2 for 99p and so thought I would try making a matching gift set.
For this project I used Distress inks in Walnut, tea stain, and worn lipstick, paper, Kraft cardstock, coredinations black magic cardstock, sepia accents, glitter, glitter card, x-cut punch and My Minds Eye paper.
I started by printing some lovely vintage images from 'The Graphics Fairy' onto cardstock. I then glittered the main accents on the dress dummies with brown glitter. Next I covered with Sepia accents and left to dry.
Next I stained the paper with the inks-I used cut off pound shop make up sponges and I am impressed with the results-much cheaper than the tools they sell! I left them to dry.
I then cut a tag shape out of Kraft card and mounted My Minds Eye dark polka dot paper onto it. Then I found some scraps of coredinations cardstock and tore to show the gorgeous colour underneath. I placed this  on top of the MME papers and then covered with the inked paper. Next I added the Dressmaking dummies, and glitter butterfly. I then followed the same sort of layout for the bag but with larger embellishment and two of the butterflies and strips of coredinations cardstock. I hope you like it, I would love some feedback!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Frosted Designs: Vintage
The Stamp Man Challenges: Alcohol Inks
Bling it On: Anything Goes
Sir Stampalot Challenges: Anything Goes
Catch the Bug Challenges: Anything Goes

Please come back later to see the winner of my blog candy and to enter my new candy!
Thank you for looking!

27 comments:

  1. what a fab set, really effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous set! I love how the tag is a miniature version of the bag.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine this is absolutely gorgeous. Loops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous tag and card!Excellent work with those distress inks Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...really liking the tag and all the distressing...how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so special thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Gorgeous set.:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice set... were you using the sketch or the alcohol inks?? I am not reading your post correctly I think!! Anyway thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card and tag.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful matching set for a gift.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, well done.
    Maureen....x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo very nice :-) lovely idea to decorate gift bags, didnt think of that! the colours go really nicely together and the effect it really good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely set - the colours are so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great project elaine. love the distressing and the way you've used the black magic card. mine's still in the pack!
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful! I love the colors and all the details. You are so talented. Thanks so much for playing along over at Frosted Designs. Im a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Stamp Man for the alcohol inks challenge. Like Frankie, I am not sure if you have used alcohol inks on this one?
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. super work hun
    Thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time would love to see you again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful gift set! I love the way you created the background for the vintage stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Elaine for joining in with us at Catch The Bug for our Anything Goes challenge. Hope to see you join in with our Clean and Simple Challenge this week as I'd love to see what you create for it.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know I really love this one hon... but I thought I'd say so again as Mr. Blogger's playing nice and letting me comment today!!lol :) It's all gorgeous!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Elaine, lovely set - great distressing and love that dp you have used, and the vintage images of course. Congratulations on your success at Frosted Designs. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulation...your set is amazing..I like the colour and the images....!!!

    bye bye from Italy
    manu
    http://pinkfrilly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...