My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 30 July 2011

OSCC Vintage

Its a new challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge and this week our theme is my favourite trend of the moment, Vintage :-)
For this project I used an image from the 'The Graphics Fairy' and isnt she just gorgeous?!
I used Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers, Pearlescent embossed paper, MS Punch, Tim Holtz distress inks, Papermania Aqua Capsule Collection, Flocked paper from my stash, pearl ribbon, and a gorgeous aqua flower.
I wanted to pick out the blues in her dress in the card to really show it off so I used the Aqua paper and aqua flower to accent it, and used neutral brown and cream colours alongside it. I inked all the edges of the card blank and the first layer of Bo Bunny backing paper. I chose two design papers to fan alongside the image and used my stitching tool on the aqua paper. I then added a 'Happy Birthday' dome sticker on the middle aqua panel in her line of vision.
I punched a border into the pearlescent paper, then placed this along the bottom, and stained it with Tim Holtz tea stain ink.
Next I added the aqua flower and pearl ribbon along the stained pearlescent border, and added a tiny little butterfly in the top right hand corner. I hope you like my efforts!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Inspire me Fridays: Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Challenges: Birthday
Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes
Stampin With the Dragon: 3 DP, 3 Embellishments, One Border
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Thank you for your lovely comments, they make my day :-)

17 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Vintage image those blues really do pick out the colour on her dress and the pearls along the bottom and the lace is lovely too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,
    This is beautiful, The lace is fantastic. and the blues really shine.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Elaine,love the image and colours,fab flower.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this elaine.fantastic colours and the vintage image is stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card, I really love it. Its really lovely, the papers are gorgeous and I love the flowers. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Elaine gorgeous papers & embellishment.
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card. love your papers.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That vintage image is wonderful! Lovely mix of DPs and that gorgeous blue flower is the icing on the cake! So happy you shared it with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely colour combo! i like all the vintage little embellishments and stitching too :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely card. Smashing! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific Recipe entry for our Bugaboo sponsored challenge at Stamping with the Dragon, good luck and join us again next time!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    You're invited to join in on the blogversary candy on my blog if you collect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful take on the theme this week at Stampin with the Dragon, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely image!
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft Us Crazy!
    Hugs
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, WOw Elaine, This is Stunning!

    Pop over to see a new vintage challenge blog It's all about the vintage. We have some yammy blog candy to offer on the whole August.

    See you there!

    Hugs, Sande xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is very beautiful! very nice colouring - gentle job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...