My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Stitched in Summer Sarah Kay

My first stitched card! I hope you like it! 
For this project I used Tim Holtz paper, My Minds Eye paper, Sarah Kay image stamped in memento and coloured with promarkers, silver sewing thread, pearls, vintage buttons, and a gingham bow.
I love my new sewing tool and Tim Holtz paper so couldnt wait to use them! I hand stitched the middle panel with silver sewing thread and then added the stamped image in the middle. I used MME papers for the backing papers on the card and placed the stitched panel of paper and image at an angle on the card. I then added the pearls, and glued a pearl onto my gingham bow. I then added some gorgeous vintage buttons from the tin my lovely nan gave me at the weekend.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Rainbow Lady's challenge blog: A stitch in time
Pollycraft Challenge: Summer Fun
DYSU: Stitching
Crafty Purple Frog: Summer Fun
Crafts and Me: Summertime
Card Makin' Mamas: Summertime
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Fun in the Sun
Ann's Creative Nook: Buy anything new lately?

Thank you for looking and you make my day with your lovely comments :-) Please enter my candy if you haven't already-find it on my sidebar :-)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely image, reminds me of when I was younger...I had the duvet set Sarah Kay
    Your stitching looks lovely, be warned..its addictive

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the stitching :-) and the vintage buttons, how lovely of your nan :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine,
    What a lovely card, love the stitching and the image (I have that image in my collection) love it.
    Awesome card.
    Happy Tuesday
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elaine,
    I love your card, it is oh so pretty, the image is gorgeous and you have coloured it so prettily too. I love the way the little dog is sitting looking up at her, bless...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    http://www.cardsbyladyanne.com/lady-annes-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, your Sarah Kay girl looks magnificent on this fabulous card! She coordinates so beautifully with your choice of papers. So glad to see your entry at Crafts and Me's digi team's summertime challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. its fabulous Elaine and wow the stitching is perfect...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Sarah Kay images, yours is wonderful, great layout and beautiful papers,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to stitch on a card. I think it adds so much. Love the papers you chose Elaine. I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? SEW challenge & hope to see your creativity here again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Elaine, gorgeous image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card elaine.your colours and details are beautiful and fab pretty image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card... love the papers and of course the image. Thanks for stitching with me this week
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely image and so nicely created into a lovely card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card. I really need to buy some Sarah Kay stamps, the images are so lovely. Beautiful papers too. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Elaine,gorgeous image and colours,fab stitching.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty card. beautifully coloured.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...