My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 8 September 2011

Bentley Male Birthday

This week two of my best male friends share the same birthday-what a nightmare! Finding two ideas for different male cards was a challenge but I was happy with the results, I am starting by posting the card I made for David who loves his cars so thought it would be quite funny using the Bentley out cruising image from a Cardmaking and papercraft magazine gift.
I started by colouring the image with Promarkers and Sakura pens, then making clouds with a scalloped mask and ink on a paintbrush. I then used Tim Holtz distress ink at the base of the image rubbed on by foam.
I then mounted this onto dark brown card and distressed this with my scissors. I wanted to give it quite a mascaline, grungy feel so I distressed all the papers with this method.
I chose mascaline design papers from My Minds Eye and used a Kraft card blank as my base, and started by making three panels attached as my backing. I made a torn textured card border with a strip of MME paper running through the middle and lastly added a 'Happy Birthday' self adhesive vellum greeting on a little panel of matching paper for the corner of the image.
I hope you like it, and I really hope David likes it!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Play Date Cafe: Photo inspiration
Crafting for all Seasons: Birthday
Creative Card Crew: Anything Goes
Creative Stamp Friends: Card for a man

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments-and while you are here why not enter my candy-link in my sidebar :-)

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. Love the fine coloring job you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant, great card and l just love the image nice to be able to make a car knowing that your putting the right image on and as David likes cars this will be a great card for him, l do like it :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the mix of papers that you use, honey!! You are very good at mixing and matching the unexpected and making it work!!
    hugs-
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing card Elaine. Why are men so hard to cater cards for??!! I find male cards so difficult to make. This is a fabulous card. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine love the image such a cute card. Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card elaine.i love your gorgeous papers and design and the image is fab ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great male card - love those chequered backing papers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you did really well in the challenge with this one.I really do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men challenge. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugz, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card! Love the little cuties going for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, great image and colours,so perfect for a man's card...love your take on our theme...Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you again...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Those male cards are so pesty to make, but you have done a great job.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card for a man, the papers are lovely and really compliment the image. Thank you for joining us at CFAS. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great male card! Love it! Thank you for joining in at CFAS birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! Love the fun patterns :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...