My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 17 September 2011

LOTV Vintage Shaker Christmas Carol

I was inspired to make this card after finding these ringing bells in the shops-perfect for shaker cards! I began my project by colouring the gorgeous LOTV carol singer image stamped in Memento with Sepia tone Promarkers to give a Vintage look. I then mounted them onto Bo Bunny Time piece paper which has a lovely deep red and white pattern, and chose sequins and snowflakes for my shaker pieces. I then found this gorgeous frame from The Graphics Fairy and I printed it out and cut the aperture out. I then stuck acetate in the aperture to make it my shaker frame. I highlighted the lovely holly and ivy images around the frame using glossy accents. I then added four gorgeous WOC red roses and a red bow. Next I mounted this on another piece of Time piece paper mounted onto a  shaped 8x8 card blank. I then tied the bell onto a bow of green ribbon with a gold trim and stuck it so it moves-so when you shake the card for the shaker card element, the card also rings!
I then added green and red polka dot card candy and a lovely gold star in the top corner. And some truly vintage lace I was given from my nan in the bottom left hand corner.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Challenges: Red, Green and White
Crafters Companion: Christmas Wishes
Sir Stampalot: Frame Up
Oldie but a Goodie: Christmas in September
Christmas Card Challenges: Vintage

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the image. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Elaine, love the image and the layout is fab. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s and Oldie But A Goodie challenges with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! It's really weird though - I made a shaker card with a Graphics Fairy frame this week too! Mine was a seaside them though and nowhere near as good as yours - must post it on my blog next week. Thanks for sharing and well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful! I love the vintage colouring.
    Thank you for joining our "It's a Frame Up" challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Elaine,love the image and great layout.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Graphic Fairy is a fabulous site, I love it too. This is beautiful Elaine. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout and a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Elaine. Great layout and image. TFS

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  10. l love your card the image is brilliant and the background too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout and vintage is my fave.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delighful Christmas card Eliane and the bells is such a good idea.


    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweetie this is really pretty i love the image loving the colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Elaine - Ilove how you've given it the vintage look. xx Jill B (ballerinacraft)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this fab shaker card and your black and white card, both beautiful! Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at sir stampalot this month and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty! What a great card!
    Thanks so much for joining in the LOTV Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a beautiful card,

    thanks for joining us at
    Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya Elaine!!!

    I'm here with my crafters companion hat on as you're on my list to comment on! Lol

    Fab card - I actually was only looking at this earlier on today!

    Thanks for joining us at the crafters companion!!!

    Paula DT. x

    http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this is a wonderful Christmas card:O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...