My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Tim Holtz Vintage Sewing Room


For this project I folded the card like you would to make an easel card so it looks like a room divider. I used Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers, Coredinations cardstock and Tim Holtz Kraft cardstock.
I started by cutting coredinations cardstock with my sewing room die and embossing this with a swiss dots folder. I then sanded the cardstock to age it. Next I cut out the dress part with Bo Bunny papers to look like a dress on the dummy. I added tied string onto the button and embroidery thread wound round the cotton spool. I wanted this panel to be my main panel so I decorated it with Bo Bunny papers and mounted these on Kraft card to tie the panel in with the other panels.
I used the Tim Holtz kraft card as focal points for each panel so I cut them from the sheet with the pattern for a womens suit, using the front and back of this design.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Going Grey with Scrap Creations: Unusual fold
Shopping our Stash: Vintage
House of Gilli: Embossing
Paper Creations Ink: Vintage
The Pink Elephant: Vintage
I Did It Creations: Anything Goes
Catch the Bug: Use your dies! 

Thank you for looking, and for your lovely comments :-)

14 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I like interesting folds anyway, but to make it look like a room divider too with this theme is genius :) Those papers are gorgeous, and your card showcases them wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely awesome! I love TM's products! You have created a wonderful vintage card! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Elaine this is beautiful. The papers are gorgeous. I really need to invest in some papers. It really is a disgrace the amount I have. Its so bad that if crafting was based on the amount of papers you have, I wouldnt be able to call myself a crafter! Thank goodness no-one has seen the teeny little packs sitting all alone! I love the room divider idea. Very unique and creative. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! and so creative! thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning vintage card elaine ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each little detail is very impressive...you didn't miss a thing. I love this by Holtz and have been so tempted to buy it. I want to buy it all all all! IT turned out beautiful! Thank you for sharing this on the challenge at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - lots of detail and lovely soft colours - Fab!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty and stylish!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful... I like your style of the fold.. different and very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative idea for the fold and it fits perfectly. Your card is very, very vintage and I love it!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous idea for these great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How neat! Love the use of the papers! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...