My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 27 October 2011

I'm in this months Cardmaking and Papercraft!

Good afternoon everyone! Just popped on to show you the card I made for the little piece in Cardmaking and Papercraft this month! I think its page 66, they asked my trends for my Christmas crafting 2011 and what my predictions were for the trends in 2012.
For this project I used a Lili of the Valley image stamped in Memento and coloured in Sepia tones with Promarkers, I used My Minds Eye and Bo Bunny papers, Acetate, Tonic punches, A ringing bell, Ribbon, Kraft, distressing inks and glitter card.
I started by making the shaker element by cutting a frame out of the newspaper look bo bunny papers and mounting the LOTV image on the inside panel. I then added punched out glitter card snowflakes in complimenting colours to the MME papers. I added Acetate inside the frame then placed it over the foam pads I used to create my shaker space.
I matted the card with Kraft, then added the MME papers which I distressed along the edges with scissors and distress inks. I placed the shaker element in the centre and added a ringing bell tied onto complimenting ribbon so when you shake the shaker element it rings! Lastly I added some punched snowflakes onto the bottom panel of MME papers.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Sparkly
Crafts 4 Eternity: Add a metal embellishment
Winter Wonderland: Vintage
ABC Christmas Challenge: Vintage
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Lets get Krafty!
The Secret Crafter Challenge: Wrap up Warm!

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments!

16 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet is this card, I can really see how much love you have put into this creation... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, this is gorgeous!! beautiful background papers love the red! great image and the printed papers is just stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the image and the colours are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Congratulations Elaine. Your card is really gorgeous, as always. I love how youve coloured it. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was meaning to pop on and say congrats, I saw it in the mag yesterday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous vintage creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous image and lovely colour choice, love your card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, love your use of metal. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Elaine, just seen you in my copy, your card is absolutely gorgeous.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, such a cute image too! Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the way you have framed your image, brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Elaine thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I saw this!Didn't know it was you til I visited your blog.Beautiful card.Love your colouring and clever idea with the bell.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i just love how you have coloured the image!!! wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at The paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such adorable carolers!! Neat coloring and snowflake embellishments too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shaker. Lovely vintage card. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...