My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 22 October 2011

OSCC No patterned paper

Good morning everyone! Its saturday and time for a new challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge, and our theme this week is 'No patterned paper'. Oh I found this challenge so difficult! I love my design papers, they are my favourite part of a project. However I had a good go at it and decided to use my Coredinations Chocolate box cardstock, which I embossed with Swiss dots and a paisley embossing folder. I then sanded these designs down to show the colour of the cardstock under the brown coating. Next I tore the Swiss dot embossed cardstock to show the gorgeous colour underneath.
I started my card layout by mounting pearlescent slightly aqua cardstock on the white cardstock to soften the contrast with the Coredinations cardstock. I then mounted the paisley embossed cardstock on an aqua glitter card and placed this to one side of my card. I placed a tilda stamped with Memento and coloured with Promarkers on the swiss dots embossed cardstock then placed this panel on the card. To embellish I used Craftime polka dot ribbon and matching flower. I also added a button and a butterfly punched with Xcut punch from the glitter cardstock.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Embossing
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Distressed or Torn
Top Tip Tuesday: Layer it up
Sweet Stamps: Lots of layers

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

16 comments:

  1. This is fabulous love the brown and blues also the swiss dots make the image stand out so well:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning...yummy colour combo & lush flower :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great it dose not need any other papers well done hun xxx nicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this card, so nice combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That co-ordinations card makes a great background x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww how pretty, love the embossing and gorgeous colours. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love the colour combo and embossing.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card elaine.i love your colour combo and fab sweet tilda ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love the way the it looks like pattered paper but isn't. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine this is beautiful, I just love the teal and brown together and the different textures are perfect. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors you use and the Magnolia stamp!!! Thank you for sharing!!
    Z
    ScrappinwithZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Elaine. Love the colours and textures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet creation. Simply adore that image.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, gorgeous love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card, thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do love this one, honey!! :) The Tilda is so pretty and I love the colours and textures sooo much!! :)
    hugs, Rxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...