My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Steampunk Birthday

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) Here I am with something very different for me-I had a male card to make and thought I would play with my new embossing folder I won from a blog prize and Tim Holtz bits and pieces which I own but don't play with enough! I thought I would try making my take on a steampunk card.
I used Dovecraft textured metallic card, Tim Holtz kraft card, Tim Holtz inks, Tim Holtz stamps, and My Minds Eye stamps, and some lovely buttons my friend Renee gave me :-)
I covered the card blank with TH kraft card which I then randomly inked with TH inks, and then stamped with the MME and TH stamps. I then embossed the brass panel with the folder and placed it on the card. Next I made a border panel with TH kraft card which I stamped with the MME and TH stamps, then inked. I placed a brass border around the greeting which I had also inked with the same TH inks.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Stamp Man Challenges: Use a New Technique
HIMCR: Embossing
Corrosive Challenges: Anything but Christmas!
Lawnscaping Challenge: Texture
Try it on Tuesday: Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous job. Perfect masculine card with loads of texture! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Elaine, I love the buttons and paper. The whole design and steampunk feel is fantastic. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card elaine.the design is fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...