My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 2 February 2012

Sarah Hurley Challenge: Love is all Around Canvas!

Good Evening everyone-hope you are well! :-) Here I am with my project for our challenge this fortnight at Sarah Hurley Challenge, our theme being 'Love is all Around'. I was really inspired by this theme and wanted to make something really different so I made a Flying Heart Canvas.
For this project I used a bare canvas, Sarah Hurley papers from her Wonderland CD printed onto 200gsm card, Bone folder, Ruler, Aleens Tacky Glue and my Cricut. I started by painting my canvas in red acrylic paint. Then I cut a whole page of little hearts with my Cricut out of the patterened card.
I then folded each little heart in half using my ruler and bone folder so the hearts looked like they were little Butterflies flying. Next I made a larger heart pattern with the little hearts on my canvas and glued them with Aleens tacky glue.
I hope you like it-I have been lucky enough to have this project feature on a couple of Valentines Treasury lists on Etsy as it is available on my Etsy-the link is in my sidebar :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Decorate to Celebrate: Valentines
Divas By Design: Anything Goes
Pennys Paper Crafting Challenges: Love is in the Air
Truly Scrumptious: Love and Hearts
Anything Goes: To the One I love
Craft Room Challenge: Valentines
Try it on Tuesday: An altered item with Texture
Joanna Sheen Challenge: Love is in the Air!

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments, they really do make my day :-)

28 comments:

  1. this is amazing! It looks so effective - well done... may have to case for a card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous Elaine, great minds think alike lol it must have took an age to attach all those hearts, but I must say well worth it love it.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning brilliant 3D effect.
    hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it's amazing, the work that must have gone into folding all those little hearts! However, the beautiful result is well worth all that time and effort. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Elaine, how pretty is this! So striking and yes the hearts do look like butterflies! Love the red, it's gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine, this is so pretty:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the 3-D look!! Fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!

    Lisa
    Decorate to Celebrate DTM
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Elaine, this is stunningly beautiful. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on the canvas. I would love this hanging in my home. Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen "Love is in the air" challenge this month. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on this. Thanks for playing along with us at Decorate to Celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and great as a home decor and gift!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Elaine - you must have great patience - but it looks so effective.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is stunning elaine.really gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, and so worth the effort you've put in - it's really eye-catching. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely well done!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning - what a great idea, so effective..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just so gorgeous hun...!

    thanks for joining us at Divas....and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Elaine! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL project!! Love the idea and dimension of your flying hearts canvas -- Looks like LOTS of work, but soooo worth sharing!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your Valentine celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fabulous canvas, I love the little hearts, they must have taken you ages. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful idea thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great card. Thanks for joining us for our Love Is In The Air Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week, and please come back and play along with us again next time.
    Blessings,
    Karen - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so gorgeous - looks very fiddly, i don't know if I have the patience to do this but i might just have a go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...