My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 29 March 2012

My New Butterflies and LOTV in pink

Good morning everyone! Look at what I awoke to this morning-a newly hatched painted lady butterfly I have raised from a Caterpillar! I will be showing some of my favourite photos of  them before I set them free in a couple of days, all five have now emerged and are all doing well-mainly drying their wings at the moment :-) I hope youve enjoyed me sharing my excitement! :-)

And here is my card for LOTV National craft month using one of their new Ballerina stamps I adore! I coloured her with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then cut round her with a nestie. I then mounted her onto a scalloped circle nestie shape and used Papermania Henbury Lane papers. I cut butterflies out of these papers with a memory box die, and a butterfly border out of matching cardstock. I used the tiny butterflies to flutter around the Ballerina :-) I also used a Spellbinders die for my large butterfly and lastly I added complimenting gingham buttons :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
LOTV Ideas to Inspire: National Craft Month
Simon says Stamp: Anything Goes
My Mums Craft Challenge: Stamp it
Craft Your Passion: Monochromatic
CES Challenges: Photo Inspiration

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

25 comments:

  1. Wow clever you, what a wonderful butterfly and so amazing to hatch them xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The card is cute and lovely too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the colour andfab piccie of the butterfly. Hope you are getting on ok Elaine. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine this is uch a pretty card. Well done hatching those butterflies. Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pink card Elaine! Lovely to hear about your butterflies too! We also like keeping caterpillars and seeing what hatches, mainly moths but some are truly beautiful.
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterfly looks beautiful and your card is just gorgeous. Love the colour and the image is soooo cute.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!
    I'm totally jealous! I want some too, in my wee garden, in the house, in the craft room, just everywhere!
    I love butterflies, if you can't tell, and am in awe of you! Can't wait for all the pics!
    hugs melly xx

    ps the cards lovely too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow! You are so clever hatching these beautiful creatures. I love butterflies and moths, caterpillars always make me smile. A couple of years ago, we went to the nature reserve at Hickling Broad in Norfolk (not far from where we live) to spot the Swallowtail butterfly (saw quite a few) and there was this caterpillar on a log, it was HUGE and very hairy. When we went up to it, it reared up! I swear it growled at us! LOL

    Mind blowing seeing the Swallowtails though! Have to pop back later this year and see if we can spot them again :)

    You're card is really lovely, very pretty and girly!

    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is really lovely x
    How wonderful to have watched the butterflies emerge they are a thing of such grace and beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely butterfly and lovely card. I like the little extra touch of adding the tiny butteflies flying around your ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, fab layout & papers!
    Wow your so lucky to see butterflies emerging!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elaine, Oh my goodness your so clever! l love butterflies and this one is a stunner please show more.......your card is just as lovely and a great image too!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww wow what an amazing thing to do, i'd love to hatch butterfly's. gorgeous photo's too.

    suzanne2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fantastic card hun, love the sweet image and your butterfly photo is just brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elaine,What a gorgeous Butterfly, fab picture...

    Your card is just stunning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet perfict for any little girl love the butterfly xxx nicky

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful take on our photo inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photo of the butterfly, and just love that card, gorgeous image and colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty card and beautiful butterfly!!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card hun, love the little butterflys

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww this is gorgeous and I love the butterflys so cute thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute, love all the pink and white together... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable card:) And congrats on your baby butterflies:) Thank you for joining us this week for Craft your Passion Challenges Monochromatic Challenge.

    Melissa, Dt Member
    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...