My Lovely Followers

Monday, 21 May 2012

Vintage Alice in Wonderland Canvas

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are well :-) Here I am with a new project for you, a mixed media canvas with an Alice in Wonderland theme. For this project I started by using a mask to create my background with sponge dipped on distress inks and applied to the canvas. Beware only use cheap sponges-I get mine from the pound shop because the texture of the canvas eats away at the sponge! :-)
I then used Alice in Wonderland tickets and images from the Sarah Hurley Wonderland CD (available at Sarah's etsy, you can find it by visiting my etsy in the sidebar as she is in my favourite shops)
I then used genuine vintage buttons my Nan gave to me (what a treasure I must say!) :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Altered Alice: Anything Goes
Great Impressions: Anything Goes
Robyns Fetish: Anything Goes
Forever Friends: Spring

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate them :-)

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Elaine, loving the stencilling and the images look fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Elaine. Love it. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it as it is so different xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it's absolutely gorgoeus xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love vintage buttons! What an unusual piece...great sponging.

    So glad you could join us for the May Monthly Challenge with Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Elaine:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project!
    Glad you joined us at Robyn's Fetish this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is stunning elaine.gorgeous image and i love the fab background and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a different card - not seen one like this before, love the background. Thanks for joining us at the Forever Friends Monthly Challenge, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely canvas, very impressive. Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'Spring' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you next time.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...