My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Butterflies and Flowers Canvas

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) Here I am with a canvas I made as a present for my friend, who was very pleased which made me happy obviously!
I started with a plain canvas and sponged Distress ink over a Butterfly mask which I moved around the canvas as it wasn't large enough to cover the whole canvas.
I then cut butterflies and flowers out of Tim Holtz distress cardstock (which I had been hoarding and challenged myself to actually use!) with a Spellbinders Butterfly die and Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. I then cut tiny butterflies out of a pepsi can with a Memory box die. I shaped the flower and then stuck it together, and used a tiny button with a tiny butterfly on the top. I then arranged the Butterflies around the canvas.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Oldie But a Goodie: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday: Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network: 3D Paper Folding
The Shabby Tea Room: Inspiration Photo (Teal)
Come and Get it Challenges: Flowers and Butterflies

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas Elaine, love it all. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! I particularly like the Pepsi can butterflies, now that's what I call recycling! Beautiful work!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the colour :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I am loving the whole ambience of this canvas and I love the butterflies and flowers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Canvas, great colours and layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous,love the details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it !! fab fab canvas ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elaine
    this is gorgeous. I really love the way you have made the background using the mask and the flowers and butterflies are so beautiful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous canvas Elaine. This would fit the challenge perfectly at Crafty Ann's which is butterflies and flowers. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elaine this is such a pretty card and thanks for taking part in this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge. Aunty Sue GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elaine, This is so pretty :)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous shade of blue and I just love your masked background! I don't think anyone can go wrong with butterflies. I love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Elaine, this is just gorgeous, love the color and the butterflys, thank you for joining us at CBN this fortnight. Abbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfully done!

    Thanks for joining in on the fun at Come and Get It Challenges this week!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous project, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is just stunning, i love it xx

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh this is fabby, nice stencil too x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this canvas, its gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so stunning, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this design. So pretty with the Distress ink and the butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on the Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. very 3d and textured, love the colours.thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow what a lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in the CBN challenge.
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely canvas great colours.
    Thank you for joining us at CBN challenge.
    kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...