My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Butterflies and Birds Altered Tissue Box



Good morning everyone, hope you are well! I have taken advantage of the break in the clouds(yay some sun!) to photograph my latest project for you. I was lucky enough to win a voucher for the Craft Barn some months ago and the plain wooden tissue box was one of the altering items I bought with my winnings and its sat around neglected so I thought it was time to get it out and have a play!
I wanted to make it a Birds and Butterflies themed box with a distressed look. So I began by painting it in a base coat of a bronze colour. I then let this dry and then added Crackle agent and again left to dry. Next I painted my top coat of a sand colour acrylic and let that dry and crackle nicely revealing the glittery bronze below :-)
Lastly I used Stazon to stamp some of my favourite Birds and Butterflies images from my stash.

While I am here I would just like to remind you I have two candys available at the moment so please enter those, and a fabulous challenge for all things non Cards and Scrapbooking-so show off your other gorgeous crafts and you may win a prize from Sarah Hurley or be featured as a chosen Crafter from the entries! Find it here :-)




I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
So Artful Challenges: All that Glitters
Everybody Art Challenge: Summer
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
Stamp n Plus: Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network: Anything Goes
Stamps&Fun=Creativity: Summer

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate them :-)

23 comments:

  1. Stunning Elaine, I love the stamps you have used they are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this is GORGEOUS! Love it!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Elaine love the butterflies. Carolinexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. I love everythung about it.
    Simple and incredibly elegant.

    claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Happy crafting Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely ;o) I love the stamps you have used ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful, I love the images you have used

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely fabulous, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crackled background and birds and butterflies theme give this box a very vintage feel. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever altering idea. Love the crackle effect with those lovely stamps. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elaine, Your creation is totally beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Great to see a variety of creations on your blog all lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful creation
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning project, love all the stamp images, makes it look so pretty and delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Elaine:) Very elegant and beautiful box:) Fab stamps used:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh Elaine.. very stylish, love the look of it. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow this is stunning elaine.really beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is stunning love the way you have stamped it .
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful Summer box!! Thanks for joining in our EAC.
    Big Hugs
    Tina46

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delightful, creative project this is! Thanks for being Soartful with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous project using your stamps on a tissue box. Very fun. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...