My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Penny Black-Lots of Hugs Card

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are well :-) My card is another one from my challenge to myself to use the stash I already own to create from-these Penny Black stamps I got for my birthday a few years ago but I have to admit I have never really used them because I find little creatures a challenge to colour! I coloured them with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then cut round it with a nestie. I then chose My Minds Eye Stella papers I love but I havent really used much yet. I used Coredinations card which complimented these colours to cut a scalloped oval with a nestie. I also used Kraft card as my base under the papers. I arranged my papers then added American Crafts Polka dot ribbon, three buttons, a 3D Butterfly and a trail of pearls from the butterfly to show its path.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Great Impressions Stamps: Walk on the Wild Side
Penny Black at Allsorts: Wings or Whiskers
Pile it On Challenges: Cuddly
Crafts and Me Challenges: Autumn Colours
Stampavie and More: Animals
Craft Your Passion: Power of three
Forever Friends Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafters Companion Challenge: Best Friends

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

22 comments:

  1. Wow I love the colours and papers they are very striking :-)
    The image is so very cute and you have coloured it perfectly. I love love lot the embellishments you have used as you have tied them all together perfectly.
    Hugs Lisa. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your papers and design! And that image is utterly adorable - love the way you brought it to life!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Great Impressions stamps!!

    It's "back to school" week at Great Impressions!
    If you'd like the chance to win our newest stamps just leave us a comment here:

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/08/new-release-winners-back-to-school-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous x I love the papers, MME never fail do they? Truly beautiful xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the image and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, such a cute image and great colour combo and layout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we'll all guilty of that one Elaine, it's all too easy to be tempted by new stash just as quickly forget we've got it.

    I really love the colour combination on this one and the layout of your card as well.

    It's great to see you at Penny Black and More challenge this month, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x


    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Elaine, so so lovely, love the image and the papers and layers are great.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your layered paper look. There's a lot of texture with the different DP, buttons, ribbons and pearls - kept me busy looking at all the details!
    I'm so glad you joined the challenge at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Some of my favorite papers. Thanks for playing along with Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card, Elaine. I love the image and your colour palette works so well with the textures and shapes. Love all the embellishments as well.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card - super cute image.
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cuteness! thanks for playing along this week in our FF challenge and hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    TFS!
    Shirl DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card I love the colour combo you used.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is sooo lovely Elaine and the cute image is so beautifully coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this sweet card:) The image is sooooo romantic and cute:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image and lovely design too. I love the gorgeous papers and ribbon.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card . Love the image and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and love the Pb stamp.
    Thank you for joining in the Whiskers &/or Wings challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card - its perfect for our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Forever Friends. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww...so very cute & cuddly!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Elaine, your beautifully colored PB mice hugs image looks fabulous on this pretty card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Autumn Colors" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...