My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Shabby Chic Country Inspired Card

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Here I am with one of the cards made from my challenge to myself to use my existing stash. I used Dovecraft Country Garden papers, cut a tattered florals flower out with my TH die and shaped it with my fingers. I then inked the edges of the petals and added a button as its centre.
For my card base I covered it in one paper edged with the same ink, and made a panel of distressed Kraft card, pink paper edged with ink and another pattered paper inked on the edges on top. I then added my flower to a doily which I also inked the edges of. Lastly I added little pearls as embellishments.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Hiding in my Craft room: Super Scraps Saturday
Simply Create too: So old or vintage
The Emerald Faeries Challenge: Use a Doily
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Distressing
Kaboodle Doodles: Flowers
Make it Monday: Anything Goes
Pile it on Challenge: Patterned Paper

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

25 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Elaine, I love the colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. super little card elaine ... love those colours ... and love the papers you have used ... thank you so much for visiting my blog ... have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Elaine I love the design and colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful card Ilove all the flowery papers and the doiley
    Thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. O this is beautiful, so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is like a beautiful antique quilt! Lovely!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I agree with mags B above - just like a quilt. Charming use of patterns and colours

    claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous design, love the papers and the flower is super. Saw this over at MIM.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Elaine!! I love, love, love those papers and that flower is just amazing!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Elaine your flower is really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, fab papers - great way to use up some of your stash.
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty love the papers and layout and the flower is gorgeous xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fantastic. I saw this on MIM..faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh i realy like this , love the mix of papers you used x

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful and pretty elaine.i love your flower :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you play along this week and thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle
    http://scraposition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Just Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hyvin kaunis kortti-sopii haasteeseen täydellisesti!
    Kiitos kun osallistuit A & T Emerald Fairies - Use a Doily-haasteeseen tällä viikola!Onnea arvontaan ja kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne! An

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...