My Lovely Followers

Monday, 8 October 2012

Burleigh Blue Hydrangea stamped on Cotton

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Sorry I have been missing this weekend, I wasnt feeling great so took a little break. Here I am with another of my cards from my challenge to use up existing stash and an opportunity to upcycle an old sheet. I cut this sheet up and stamped on it using a Stampin Up set with Stazon ink. I then painted it with acrylic paints. I attached it to fusible web to strengthen it for going onto my card, then machine sewed with blue thread to match the Papermania Burleigh blue papers and embellishments I used. It was a simple card but I think it looks quite effective and I love the look which stamping on cotton gives, its a really fab texture :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Southern Girls: Spots and Stripes
Crafts and Me: My Sentiments exactly
Divas By Design: Use texture
Lil Red Wagon: Button Bonanza
Stamp n Doodle: Use something recycled
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everyone: Anything Goes
Gingerloft Challenge: Stitching Real or Faux
Pile it On Challenge: Vintage or Shabby Chic
Alphabet Challenge: Recycle

Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments :-)

29 comments:

  1. wow your card is stunning and i so love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine
    Another fantastic card using your Hydrangea! Love it again!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful elaine! I love the soft blues and gorgeous layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and Elegant Elaine is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,love the image,and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, lovely image and papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful thanks for playing along with at stamp n doodle this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply amazing! Love the colours and that hydrangea stamp looks so beautiful and effective! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really love this hydrangea stamp don't you- and you have made great use of it. I would never think of stamping on an old sheet- great card!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the softness of the flower and colors and great use of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Elaine! I love the beautiful soft colours you have used on the flower and the beautiful papers too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the beautiful papers and color scheme you have teamed with one of my all time favorite stamps this morning Elaine! Just Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous dearest Elaine:)
    Elegant and delicate:)
    Big hug dear friend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp-N-Doodle!

    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cotton & stitching. It really looks hand made with love!

    Thanks for playing with us @ Stamp-N-Doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so beautiful elaine.i love how you stamped the pretty image on the fabric ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool technique! It looks great! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic! i love all of those Blues and the stamped image on fabric. Great Idea! thanks for sharing with Through The Craftroom Door.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant . I love it what gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at challenges 4 everybody hugs trisha xDT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Elaine this is a stunning card and a perfect example of recycling (upcycling) I love this hydrandeag stamp that that you use, the colours to show it off are just perfect.

    Thanks for sharing with us at stamp-n-doodle.
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful card, love the color. Thank you for joining us at Stamp N Doodle. Hugs Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That's such a brilliant idea! I love the effect the cotton gives to the image.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo, Elaine . . . your painted hydrangea on cotton looks wonderful on this pretty, layered card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous! I love the idea of stamping on fabric.Perfect card..stitching perfect emblishment!

    Thanks for joining us Alphabet Challenge Blog
    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Vintage/Shabby Chic Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...