My Lovely Followers

Monday, 1 October 2012

Penny Black Summer Memories

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Here I am with a Penny Black card from my challenge to myself to use my existing stash. I have had these stamps for years but I have been too daunted by colouring them, but I am so glad that I dug them out and had a play and intend to use them more now :-) I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, and cut round this with my nestie. I placed it on coredinations card cut with a scalloped nestie. Next I used Bo Bunny Country Garden papers, with Polka dot ribbons from Fantastic Ribbons, Butterflies and a Butterfly border cut with Memory box dies out of glitter card as embellishments. I added three complimenting buttons, gems and a vellum greeting on a mat of paper and coredinations card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Forever Friends: Anything Goes
Inky Impressions: Animals
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Whimsy Inspires: Anything Goes
Gingerloft: Stitching Real or Faux ( Faux stitches paper)
Robyns Challenge: Stitching Real or Faux
Sentimental Sundays 3, 2, 1 (Butterflies and Buttons 3, Ribbon 2, Image 1)
Totally Gorjuss: Punches and Dies

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Elaine. So warm as well with those colours you picked. Love the image too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card, has a cute little image and I love your background papers,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Elaine, I love the cute little hedgehogs and the papers are wonderful.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - fabulous image and colours
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, love the image x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and cheerful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable and I love the combination of the blue and orange! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Elaine so lovely are these images x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Elaine - love these Hedgies! Too cute! Thanks for popping over to see me earlier! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous elaine.i love the sweet hedgie ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooo sweet image and Wonderful card Elaine:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how cute is that Hedgie! I absolutely love your colours and papers, they are so bright and cheerful!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i so love this card and the colours are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny black are gorgeous images aren't they...... And I spy some papers I recognise too LOL bo bunny country garden.
    A winning combination of images and papers.......lovely

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Elaine, This is gorgeous and so cute is this P/B Image thank you for joining our challenge at Forever Friends Anything goes and l hope you'll join again next time good luck Dt Member Sandra H XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and love the image xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love this image and the layout is great.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aggg this is a sweet one hun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooo cute, love the image its so cute and i love the lay out, its a gorgeous card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, I love that image!

    Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge Blog Fortnightly Challenge :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so cute. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Penny Black stamps always bring a smile to my face. They are so cute. And I too should take the challenge of using the wonderful stamps that I have. Beautiful creation.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Gingerloft Card Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Elaine

    Wonderful card - love the PB image - so cute.

    Thank you for joining us over at Totally Gorjuss and I wish you the very best of luck.

    I hope you will be able to come and join in the fun with us for the next challenge.

    Have a great weekend.

    Toodles

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhh I love the little hedgehogs. The card is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing your great work.
    Hugz,
    Christine Robyn's Fetish Dt.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card design. Love the buttons and papers. Thanks for joining the SS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great creation love your colours. Thanks for joing us at gingerloft.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...