My Lovely Followers

Friday, 30 November 2012

Family Tree Scrapbook Part Two

Good morning everyone, hope you are well! Sorry I have been quiet but I have been making some DT projects for Crafty Ribbons Advent event and Sarah Hurley for the next Lookbook magazine-I am so excited to share these with you soon, I really hope youll like them! Anyway here I am with my Family Scrapbook page two-if you didnt see the start of this project then here is the background. I have decided to make a scrapbook using my Grandparents photos of all my distant family relatives-going back to the 1800's-I really want to use it as a way to thank my family for being such a loving part of my life and to pass down the generations. I havent used the original photos and if any of you have any old photos I would encourage you to get them out and scan them in to your computer for safekeeping and also to rescue any that are fading with age-with software you can really improve the quality of the image and rescue them before its too late :-)
I used a kit which I bought secondhand-I love the vintage shabby chic look and its perfec for this particular project-I cant remember what make it is, but I *think* its Basic Grey. If anyone recognises this then please point it out for me! :-) For this page you can see a 'Pull me' tab-when its pulled a note with who is in the photo comes out. Its a fantastic Christmassy image of a family party and it was a pleasure to work with :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Chrimbo Crackers: Anything Goes
Sassy Studio: Anything But a Card
Simply Create: Anything Goes
Scrap Creations: Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown: Lots of Layers
Crafty Bloggers Network: Christmas
Love to Create: Non Traditional Holiday Colours
Scrapping Everyday Miracles: Family Ties
The Paper Girls Challenge: Christmas

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

31 comments:

  1. What a great layout,fab photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous LO & photo xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout and photo. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby Scrapbook page - love the papers and layers, and that picture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and fabulous photograph. Loving the colour combination and papers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and fab photo! The title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scrapbook page with all the memories so beautifully captured.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card dearest friend^_^ Lovely photo and beautiful colors^_^
    Big hug and happy weekend^_^
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great L/O - this will be fabulous to look back on in later years
    Kate

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely page and fab photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout and love the papers too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Layout Elaine and the Photo is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a fabulous page, great photo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout! What a great idea to rescue photos. Your family will have your work for generations to come! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elaine this will be so beautiful when you have finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness what a super project ... a real keepsake well done ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photo...beautiful layout. Thanks so much Elaine for linking up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How blessed are you to have so many photographs dating back so many generations? This is just beautiful Elaine, thanks for sharing @ SEM x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely layout, and those colors are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Studio Designs.
    Best,
    Jodi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely layout. Looks like lots of fun had by all.

    Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a fan of black and white photos, this one is beautiful :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, how wonderful to have access to such precious keepsakes. Thank you for linking up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great layout, I love the simple design. Thanks for linking up at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so great to cherish family pictures! very nice details! thanks for joining us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for having played with us last week at Love to Create for our Non-Traditional Holiday Challenge!! We really appreciate your support!! See you again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  26. So elegant! Thanks for linking up to us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  27. you LO surely eye catching! so colorful and happy though so simple and clean that all the attention can be given to the photo! thank you for sharing your project with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...