My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Butterflies Mobile Phone Case

 Good evening everyone, so here is my first ever sewing project! Its taken me a long time to get into machine sewing properly-I had a dragon of a textiles teacher at school and she seriously put me off using a sewing machine much so I always had a fear. I am so glad I have been brave though because I am really enjoying it, and its so much easier than it looks! :-)
I got a new phone recently and wanted to make a padded case for it to protect its pretty screen from the perils of life and handbags! I couldnt find a pattern for any cases I liked online so I made my own and here is the result. Haha can you tell why I chose this fabric?! ;-)
I made the button hole using the same material.

I wanted my button to be a feature so I chose a pretty purple button that matched the teasels in the print of the material and used strong silver thread to sew it on.
I made a little pocket for my earphones in case I want to take them with me-I dont like them getting tangled up with everything so thought this would be a useful feature :-)
You can see the padding and I have sewn the top seam using invisible stitches.
For this project I used a fat square of fabric, cotton batting, thread, button and a sewing machine :-) 
What do you think?

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

15 comments:

  1. Well done Elaine. Love the case. So bright and cheerful. x
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Elaine! Love the material and a fab case.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is absolutely beautiful. I love the fabric that you have used - really bright and colourful. Well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Elaine, I can't believe that this was your first sewing project....it's gorgeous hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Can't believe this is your first sewing project, Elaine - it looks great and I'm sure your phone will stay safe now too. Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the vibrant colours of this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous case, Elaine! Love,love,love, the fabric you used.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! I would never have guessed this was your first sewing project, it's fantastic, love the material, and the button sets it off just right. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine this is beautiful, well done. did you go to the same school as me LOL my teacher was a dragon aswell. i'd love to be able to use a machine but i'm so nervous of it, i use needle and cotton. i love your case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work Elaine...looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at ARTistic Inspirations this week~Wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, that's awesome!! I can't sew and I am SO impressed. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant Elaine, especially for a first sewing project. Love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is brilliant love the fabric too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely case, I love the fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow fabulous, great images and fab colours . Thanks for sharing with us at artistic inspirations hugs trisha x dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...