My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Family Tree Scrapbook Part Three

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) As Christmas is over I am starting to pick up the projects I had postponed to get my Christmas crafting done! I have blogged a couple of pages of this project before but here is the story-I inherited photos of my family going back from Victorian era onwards and I decided it would be really nice to create a posh scrapbook with a record of my family with details of who is who for a family heirloom. This has to be one of the most rewarding and fun projects I have ever started-its lovely to be able to see the family resemblance and to get to 'know' the family I never met.
I used a Basic Grey kit for this project-I chose this because it has a wonderfully distressed but pretty quality which suits this sort of scrapbook. I have scanned all my family photos and have rescued some which were fading with age by improving them with photo software-I really recommend those of you who have photos of this age that you do this-it also gives you a chance to 'back up' these photos so should anything happen to the originals they wont be lost forever.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
Divas By Design: Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie: Anything Goes
Pennys Paper Crafty Challenges: Anything Goes
Inky Chicks: Anything Goes
Paperminutes: Time
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Vintage/Shabby Chic
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Embrace the Old

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

28 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout and great photographs.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful project....As time gone by....

    LG, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout,fab photo's.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic inheritance and a great project to use it for. Love the muted tones and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun experience. We have old photos of my grandparents that one of my aunts took over and compiled- I was too young at the time or you bet I would have taken on the project- looking forward to see what else you come up with

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea, it sounds terrific fun! The papers are just lovely!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous legacy you are creating! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull project with the DT from SSSS, love it hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopped by from the Craft Your Passions blog as I'm guesting there this month. This is a beautiful vintage page!

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely project, and gorgeous paper kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely project and your choice of papers is perfect and really compliment the photographs.
    huge hugs, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous page and photographs

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fab Elaine! I'm really into my family tree so maybe I'll get around to doing something like this one day. Fantastic phots and layout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea Elaine. I've just started doing a similar thing and you are right, it is so rewarding. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie this time. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Family tree projects are just so rewarding. l love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the "Vintage - Shabby Chic" Challenge at Craft Your Passion Elaine! Great old photos - definitely vintage!

    Hope to see you again next week!
    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team
    Personal blog: http://ggetty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous scrapbook page, the photos are gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the images and the colors you have used. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous page and love the images.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty, and good luck.

    Caz PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous LO....thanks for sharing with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful layout to treasure!! Thanks for sharing it with us at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful, I love those vintage images
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...