My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 24 January 2013

Lovely as a Tree Watercolour Card

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) I am here with something a little different. I was given this 'Lovely as a Tree' set by Stampin' Up for Christmas and thought I would play with some different mediums to give me some different textures and effects for my cards. I stamped the image on watercolour paper using Stazon. I then coloured them with watercolour pencils and then added water to encourage the sky to bleed into each other like a real sunset. I cut round this with a nestie and embossed it. I placed this on foam pads for some dimension and used Dovecraft Garden party papers as my base.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Card Makin Mamas: CAS
Lady Annes Challenges: Anything Goes
Fab N Funky Challenges: Favourite Colour Combo
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Challenges: New
Creative Creations Challenges: Keep it Simple
Cupcake Craft: Make A Scene
Panpastel UK: Nature
That Craft Place: New Goodies
Baffies Shop: Almost anything goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

27 comments:

  1. Stunning Elaine!!! I love the papers and the gorgeous colours. Those trees look fabulous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear Elaine,your card is fantastic^_^ Delicate,sweet and elegant,it's a pleasure follow you^_^
    Have a wonderful afternoon and evening^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, this is really beautiful...I just love the papers you've used and the tree stamps fab too hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Elaine. I might give this a go myself. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love the sky/landscape.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as a tree is one of my most used stamp sets.
    I love the background that you have created with it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us this week with your pretty card.

    Kerry DT Leader PanPastel Uk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card with a great backgroud

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Elaine and a really fab scene you have created, the colours and technique are amazing. Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bright card made me think of summer. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Elaine is gorgeous and the colours are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, I love the papers and the colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Elaine, I love the colours and the trees are fab, Px

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  15. prześliczna praca, strasznie mi się podoba..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this the colour effect with the trees is sensational. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card the colors are so beautiful on it. Thanks for joining us for Lady anne's Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely as a Tree is one of my favorite SU! sets! Bought mine year's ago, but still use it! Love the bright colors on your card. Thanks for playing along with us for the Card Makin' Mamas CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so wonderful and fabulous!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is beautiful hun, I love the scene and the colours are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great work! Love how you make your own background. Thanks for sharing on Baffies shop blog and good luck.
    xoxo Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this card, do like how youve done the trees

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card, great design and super image. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card, I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. pretty card, thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's
    hugs, Valerie
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...