My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Stampin Up Sail Away!

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Sorry I have been quiet on the blogging front, have been creating and so I will have lots to show you over the next few weeks-hopefully my crafty inspiration will hold out! :-)
I am here to show you a card using some of my fabulous Christmas gifts I have been playing with and some old stash too! I was given this gorgeous 'Sail away' stamp by Stampin Up and just couldnt wait to use it! I was digging through my old art stash-I used to do a lot of art before I got into crafting and discovered some watercolour pencils I bought in France about eight years ago and thought they would be perfect to play with along with this image! I stamped the image with Stazon on watercolour paper and cut around this with a nestie. I coloured my image then activated this with water. I was really pleased with the look it gave me. I then chose the Tim Holtz distress paper because the swirls and patterns really looked like waves so worked perfectly with my image! I added some jute and buttons from my stash which I threaded with bakers twine to give the sewn look. I then added a 'Thinking of you' dome greeting.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Tuesday Alchemy: Winter Wonder
Pinspirational: Inspiration Challenge 40
Loves Rubber Stamps: Cute as a Button
City Crafter: Winter Blues
One Crazy Stamper: Anything Goes
Cards Galore: Anything Goes
The Artistic Stamper: My Favourite Stamp
Squigglefly: Winter Blues

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate them :-)

24 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Elaine!! I love the gorgeous image and the soft colours. The buttons look beautiful too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning card Elaine, great image and lovely layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous design, those watercolours look fab and it looks like a "peaceful" card, well done Elaine!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month with your lovely card ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...gorgeous image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I love the color combo and the cute buttons. The coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the swirly stamps you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. Fabulous stamp and your paper is gorgeous as are those buttons.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful!!! I love the background...so pretty!!Thank You for sharing with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the peaceful scene you created for the background! Thanks for joining {Pin}spirational Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely use of the blue colors that suit the stamp image so well, also love your embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card Elaine perfect papers for the image they look fabulous together xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card this is ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning elaine.i love the buttons and fab image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Elaine,lovely colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elaine this is just beautiful! I love the burlap behind the image and you picked such perfect papers! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this image and the buttons you used are perfect with this. Great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card. Love the image and your coloring. Haven't used my watercolor pencils in a really long time. I should break them out again. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenge this week. Hope to see you again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is GORGEOUS! I love your use of buttons and the colors are beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful xx love the colours you have used and such a great design xx thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your card. That burlap in the background is such a great idea.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...