My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Crafty Ribbons 'Button Up' Fabric Decor Plaque

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! I am here with my Crafty Ribbons project for our 'Button Up' challenge. Sorry its a little late, still struggling with this awful fluey virus and choking away with a horrid cough!
For this project I used the gorgeous new ribbons and buttons from Crafty Ribbons found here. I have a bag of fabric scraps that I save because they are so pretty and I dont want to throw them away. This project was perfect for using up some pretty fabric. I had a plain wooden plaque for altering so I covered this with cotton batting. I then covered the plaque with my chosen material and stapled on the reverse. I then decorated using the fab ribbon. I stapled a border ribbon around the middle, then cut one of the sentiments from another ribbon-stopped any fraying by sealing the ends with clear nail polish. I then glued this on the ribbon at a jaunty angle. Next I added matching buttons and then a hanging ribbon at the top.

I would just like to say I wish you all a Happy Valentines Day-I think its an opportunity for everyone to show they care about their friends and my blogging friends are all very dear to me. Thank you so much for all your support and wonderful comments which always brighten my day :-)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything Goes
Hotshot Craft: Anything But a Card
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
LEJ Designs: For Someone Special
Use It Tuesday: Fasteners
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Elaine, hope you're feeling better soon.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, fab project, love the sentiment. Hope you are feeling a little better at least. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine such a gorgeous project. Hope you start to feel better soon. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous project, love the colours. Get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful friendship plaque and a great use of left over fabric, love it! Hope you start feeling better soon. Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful project, I love the paper you have used in the middle, just looks like knitting x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea with lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous,so unique.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Elaine! What beautiful fabric and ribbon, they look so gorgeous together!

    I hope you feel better soon! Take care, hun!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Elaine, I love it :)
    sorry to hear that your still poorly and I hope you're feeling better soon chick.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing design and dazzling embellishments, simply an awesome creation. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the lovely comments.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty design Elaine, love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty fabric - great design. Get well soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healing hugs hun This is lovely xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a amazing project such beautiful colors, I too keep tiny pieces of material,LO you never know when you can use them, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card ... and such a lovely sentiment xx
    Thanks for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge

    Good Luck

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute little project! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute little plaque! Thanks for playing along with us at UIT and using those hoarded items.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...