My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Saturated Canary 'Hoping for Spring' Birthday Card

Good morning everyone, hope you are well :-) I have an awful fluey bug at the moment so I apologise for being quiet-I keep going into coughing fits which are seriously unpleasant! I have a couple of friends birthdays coming up so I have been making them special presents and cards. I will blog the presents later too :-) For this project I based my coloured image on First edition papers I love using Copics and Promarkers. I then cut around the image tightly and placed her on a decorative mat of patterned papers and cardstock. I added a 'Happy Birthday' glitterations greeting on a piece of complimenting papers which I placed on 3D foam pads for dimension . I made the base of my card with two patterned papers then added an American crafts polka dot ribbon border. I placed the mat with the image where I wanted it, then added three Memory box die cut butterflies in a row on the ribbon. I then placed another butterfly die cut on the top corner of my image mat and a complimenting bow on the opposite corner. Lastly I added a large die cut butterfly made using a Spellbinders die.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Saturated Canary Challenge: Colour Inspiration
Copic Marker Europe: Anything goes with Copics
Delightful Challenges: Think Spring
Forever Friends Challenges: Animals/Butterflies/Birds
Make It Monday: Anything Goes
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop: Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge: For a Birthday
No Matter Which Challenge: Ribbons and Bows
Crafty Bloggers Network: Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

28 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine I hope you recover soon from this bug. Your card is stunning and I do love these papers too I have a couple of First Edition paper packs now and they are lush. Great colours and love the butterflies.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine your card is beautiful l do like Krista's images and you have coloured your so beautiful, great papers and lovely layout too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Elaine...love the image and papers...soooo pretty
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - such a pretty image and papers - beautiful colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image and those papers are yummy!

    thank you for joining in with the forever friends monthly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card with lovely spring colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping for Spring as well Elaine, can't come soon enough for me.

    Such a very pretty card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Elaine, very pretty colours and image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very lovely and sweet, thanx for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Elaine...she's beautiful hun
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very soft and pretty. Love your colour palette.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our SC Challenge.
    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elaine, perfectly beautiful card. Gorgeous colours and papers.

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network,
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Elaine, this is delightful! Such beautiful colouring and springlike papers! Fabulous!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Elaine what a gorgeous card love saturated canary. Hope you start to feel better soon. Lots of love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card in beautiful colours and such a fab digi! Thanks for joining us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop. I hope you soon feel better again. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and you colored sooo lovely thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable image and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the monthly challenge at Forever Friends. Good luck in the draw and we hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card with lovely colors!
    Thanks for joining us at NMWC this month!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, well done! Just love the image and DP. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely image and soft colors! Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Ribbons & Bows* challenge and good luck !

    Hugzzz

    Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is absolutely lovely. Great design with the pastel design, butterflies and looove how you've coloured your image too. Thanks for playing at Forever Friends monthly challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back 1st of March for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the image, colouring and papers. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice! I invite you to see some of mine: http://magdahandmade.blogspot.com/search/label/Felicitari%20handmade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...