My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 6 April 2013

CAS Butterflies Card

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well :-) Well since I have been poorly with a run of viruses youll have noticed I have been pretty quiet. I just havent had the energy and felt my crafting mojo was on an unwanted holiday! Anyway, I thought I would have a go at something really different for me in a ploy to rediscover my crafting mojo and I am actually pretty pleased with the results! I find CAS really difficult so dont generally use this style but threw myself into it and with my favourite subject-butterflies! (Thinking if anything can inspire me it's butterflies!) I have this gorgeous Swallowtail butterfly stamp and it really hasnt had enough use yet, I am sorry but I cant remember the make of the stamp-if anyone can enlighten me that would be really helpful! I dug out the Stampin' Up inks I won for the 3rd place cardmaker of the year in their category and gave them their first real use! I stamped two butterflies directly onto the card blank, then stamped a butterfly in a complimenting colour onto a scrap of card, and I cut round this with scissors leaving a tiny border. I then placed this in the middle of my card on 3D foam pads. What do you think?

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
CASology: Up
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Things with Wings
Addicted to Stamps: Addicted to CAS
Sunday Stamper: Nature

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments :-)

37 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour combination - love the classic image and layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfect! I love CAS cards, and this certainly fits the category of CAS. The stamp and colours you've chosen are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Make it Monday this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Elaine, love those butterflies! Thanks for playing along at ATSM
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card, and would suit any occasion. The stamps are gorgeous but I'm afraid I don't recognise them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card love the butterflies
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card and love those butterflies.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is gorgeous. I am also a lover of butterflies as you can tell by my latest post.
    The colours are fab together.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow super little flutterbye card elaine ... well done ... just blog hopping about ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - perfect CASness! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, i love butterflies

    happy hopping
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card...Just the butterflies...Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful love the colours too
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there,Love your colour combination,very clean and simple-very pretty card.
    Best wishes,hope you feel better soon,Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elaine, l know you like your butterflies and your card is just so beautifully presented gorgeous colours too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sweetie, your card is beautiful & would be perfect for our challenge over at "Emmas crafty challenge" x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful CAS card, lovely image and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elaine, I saw this on do crafts and it really stood out! Fab card. Enjoy your blog-hop in memory of Dec o Cards. S x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, love the CAS design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Was wondering how you had done the one in the middle. I thought you had masked it and then staped the other two. Like your idea of raising on foam pads though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love this cas card!! the colours are so pretty and the butterflies are perfect for the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful CAS card. Love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely striking card, Just hopping by, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brill Elaine! just hopping by from DC xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw hope you are feeling better soon! Love your CAS card... fab! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and so elegant. Love it.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your white background for this card is so pretty! I love your butterflies!!! So pretty. Such a simple but elegant design! Feel better soon! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  28. simply stunning elaine.i love your butterflies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Elaine. Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is great Elaine - i hope you are feeling much better now.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is perfect Elaine. It is sooo refreshing to see a CAS card, and at times is a very brave move.
    It takes a lot of will power to know when less is more .....:-)

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love this Elainethank you for playing along with us at Creative moments
    .Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning CAS card! Love the colors you used for those butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...